Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: million dollar words  (Read 8067 times)

Neumms

million dollar words
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:33:33 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'171251\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 10:07 PM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'171224\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 03:19 PM\']If you mean mohel, that's a so-so clue for circumsize.  Otherwise, it's a desperation clue which could easily confuse your partner.[/quote]But "penis-chopper" is hyphenated, so that's out...

On to my real point: on the older versions, would a non-sensical clue such as "mohel" garner a buzz, or was it just the Winner's Circle where clues had to be logical?
[/quote]

Just Winners' Circle, where the clues had to be something that did, indeed, fit the subject. Password's original penalty was just a severe look from Ludden, which is worse than it sounds. On Super Password's Cashword, though, the third clue was often a rhyme--totally legal, except that you couldn't say it was a rhyme. And it had to be a real word, not "burkumthighs."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:34:10 PM by Neumms »

Clay Zambo

million dollar words
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 10:59:48 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'171192\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 02:29 PM\']
You don't know the format, "I" don't know the format, "THEY" don't know the format yet.
[/quote]

But *I* will know a little bit more about it tomorrow--as I am playing runthroughs tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, it means I give up eligibility to be a contestant in the first run of shows, but I'm takin' one for the team here: I hope we run-through folks will help 'em find the flaws and fix 'em before they get to air, and the show will get a longer run.
czambo@mac.com

tvrandywest

million dollar words
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 12:44:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'171260\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 07:59 PM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'171192\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 02:29 PM\']
You don't know the format, "I" don't know the format, "THEY" don't know the format yet.
[/quote]
But *I* will know a little bit more about it tomorrow--as I am playing runthroughs tomorrow afternoon.
[/quote]
I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. At last word, the big money would not be given away via "cash word". It's a far better twist on the "lightening round"... featuring REAL LIGHTENING!! (not).

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Scani71

million dollar words
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'171263\' date=\'Dec 4 2007, 12:44 AM\']
I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. At last word, the big money would not be given away via "cash word". It's a far better twist on the "lightening round"... featuring REAL LIGHTENING!! (not).
[/quote]

Aaaand my day is made. I lol'd. :)

(You'll have so many dollars! 400 ONE MILLION DOLLARS!)

Clay Zambo

million dollar words
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 09:56:43 AM »
I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. [/quote]

Pleasantly doesn't begin to describe it.  I had an absolute blast.  And that was even in the game where I "lost" the bonus money I was playing for.

They're vacillating between two possible scenarios for the million-dollar element--maybe more, but I played two different versions--but everything up 'til then seems to be set, and it's delightful.  It's Password.  Not exactly as we remember it, but very, very close.  And there's a million dollars at the end.  They're making it work.

I can't wait to see the final version.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
million dollar words
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 11:19:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'171335\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 06:56 AM\']
It's Password.  Not exactly as we remember it, but very, very close.[/quote]
Is it vanilla Password, or Password Plus? (If you can't say, that's cool too.) I just wanna know if the Password Puzzle element is still in there.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bellbm

million dollar words
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 11:39:10 AM »
Any word on when they will start taping?  I saw some announcements from CBS regarding schedule changes for early 2008, and did not see Password on it.

tvrandywest

million dollar words
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'171335\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 06:56 AM\']
I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. [/quote]

Pleasantly doesn't begin to describe it.  I had an absolute blast.  And that was even in the game where I "lost" the bonus money I was playing for.

They're vacillating between two possible scenarios for the million-dollar element--maybe more, but I played two different versions--but everything up 'til then seems to be set, and it's delightful.  It's Password.  Not exactly as we remember it, but very, very close.  And there's a million dollars at the end.  They're making it work.

I can't wait to see the final version.
[/quote]

;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
million dollar words
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 01:05:06 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'171251\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 09:07 PM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'171224\' date=\'Dec 3 2007, 03:19 PM\']If you mean mohel, that's a so-so clue for circumsize.  Otherwise, it's a desperation clue which could easily confuse your partner.[/quote]But "penis-chopper" is hyphenated, so that's out...
[/quote]
Does Ed Ames know about this?

/That reminds me--I need to cut off my Slauson.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MikeK

• Martha!
million dollar words
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 03:04:33 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'171357\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 01:05 PM\']Does Ed Ames know about this?

/That reminds me--I need to cut off my Slauson.[/quote]
2 Carson references in one post.  Very nice.

/The real Carson who was on NBC late nights, not the Carson on NBC nowadays

uncamark

million dollar words
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'171367\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 02:04 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'171357\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 01:05 PM\']Does Ed Ames know about this?

/That reminds me--I need to cut off my Slauson.[/quote]
2 Carson references in one post.  Very nice.

/The real Carson who was on NBC late nights, not the Carson on NBC nowadays
[/quote]

You mean Carson the Scab?

(OK, so he's not a WGA member, but still...)

/"Hi, I'm Carson Daly and I'm a tool."

MikeK

• Martha!
million dollar words
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 06:17:21 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'171376\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 03:44 PM\']You mean Carson the Scab?

(OK, so he's not a WGA member, but still...)

/"Hi, I'm Carson Daly and I'm a tool."[/quote]
I was gonna say "Carson the Coma-Inducing MTV Prettyboy Whose Show is as Funny as a Funeral", but your title is much more compact.

/Carson's a tool?
//"What's a hoe?"

Clay Zambo

million dollar words
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 06:20:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'171346\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 11:19 AM\']
Is it vanilla Password, or Password Plus? (If you can't say, that's cool too.)
[/quote]

We didn't have to sign a non-disclosure, but I know the staff are at least lurkers here; perhaps it's best that I don't spill all the beans.  I think it's safe to say this much: at least so far, no puzzles.  Classic Password.  A thing of beauty.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
million dollar words
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'171394\' date=\'Dec 5 2007, 03:20 PM\']
We didn't have to sign a non-disclosure, but I know the staff are at least lurkers here; perhaps it's best that I don't spill all the beans.  I think it's safe to say this much: at least so far, no puzzles.  Classic Password.  A thing of beauty.
[/quote]
That's all I wanted to know. Very interesting.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

HYHYBT

million dollar words
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 12:52:40 PM »
It's a far better twist on the "lightening round"... featuring REAL LIGHTENING!!
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/ineedhel...p?date=20071128
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages