Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just when you thought you've seen everything...  (Read 1962 times)

uncamark

Just when you thought you've seen everything...
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:25:36 PM »
According to the DVR program guide from TVG and this week's EW "What to Watch," on tomorrow night's Fox game show block a contestant will appear on both "...5th Grader?" and "Lyrics!"  I'm guessing that the contestant will say something about loving music and when s/he dives it'll be something like this:

FOXWORTHY:  Show us Olivia's answer!

(Board whooshes into wrong answer)

I'm sorry, Olivia didn't save you and you leave with nothing--now remember that deal you made, I want you to look in that camera...

WAYNE BRADY:  Wait a minute, Jeff!

FOXWORTHY:  Why, it's Wayne Brady from "Don't Forget the Lyrics!"  (cheers and applause)

BRADY:  Jeff, I want to give (contestant name) another chance at a million dollars on my show!

CONTESTANT:  YES, YES!

FOXWORTHY:  Well, (s/he) still made that deal with me, so before you leave, look in that camera...

CONTESTANT:  My name is (name), and I am *not* smarter than a fifth grader, BUT I'M GOING TO PLAY "DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS!"

BRADY:  Come with me...

FOXWORTHY:  (over applause) STAY TUNED FOR "DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS!" AND JOIN US NEXT TIME ON "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER?"  GOOD NIGHT!

(contestant walks into the hall at TV City with Brady as contractual full-screen credits run)

(logos with that weird version of the Fox fanfare)

(generic split screen credits play as spooky music starts up)

MARK THOMPSON:  S/he wasn't smarter than a fifth grader...but s/he's still getting a SECOND chance at ONE MILLION DOLLARS on the roller coaster ride of her life--in the night of television YOU'LL BE TALKING ABOUT TOMORROW--and it all starts NOW on "Don't Forget the Lyrics!"

(generic credits end as "Lyrics!" titles start up)

The usual time tomorrow on Fox--and I am scared that what I just wrote will be at least 75% correct (Brady is listed as making a cameo on "...5th Grader?" in the TVG Interactive listing).  :)

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 09:26:27 PM »
Well called - caught a promo for the shows during Kitchen Nightmares on FOX just now, and they appear to be setting it up almost exactly as you described.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 09:27:33 PM by Seth Thrasher »

Sodboy13

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »
It was on at the gym on closed-caption.  Mark got it damn near verbatim.  Now, pardon me while I induce vomiting.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'170908\' date=\'Nov 29 2007, 09:26 PM\']
It was on at the gym on closed-caption.  Mark got it damn near verbatim.  Now, pardon me while I induce vomiting.
[/quote]

Well, we didn't have a Thompson opening or the Burnett/Zoo logos with the weird Fox fanfare, but yeah, it was close enough.  (The extremely abbreviated credits on "...5th Grader?" were what's on the tape, not Fox generic.)

And of course, those two shows didn't tape back-to-back that day.  I will bet that the two shows tape in the same studio at TV City (our moles can verify).

Anything else is at Summaries, I assume.