Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "DOND" Wednesday off for Nov. sweeps  (Read 1719 times)

uncamark

"DOND" Wednesday off for Nov. sweeps
« on: September 28, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
Howie, the HPOAs, the Banker and the contrivances may get a night off during November sweeps, as NBC throws a new reality comp show into the mix:

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/09/nbc_set..._phenomenon.php

Notice that James Randi isn't one of the judges--what a surprise!  :)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's still a second night of "DOND" somewhere else, even if they want to move it out of "Dancing"'s way.

MTCesquire

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 07:31:35 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'165029\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 04:26 PM\']
Howie, the HPOAs, the Banker and the contrivances may get a night off during November sweeps, as NBC throws a new reality comp show into the mix:

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/09/nbc_set..._phenomenon.php

Notice that James Randi isn't one of the judges--what a surprise!  :)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's still a second night of "DOND" somewhere else, even if they want to move it out of "Dancing"'s way.
[/quote]

Wasn't Uri Geller exposed by James Randi on that Bob Barker show?  Or was that someone else?

/On-topic: Another wonderful addition to NBC's lineup that I'll "accidently" miss.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:33:07 PM by MTCesquire »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 07:37:32 PM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' post=\'165040\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 04:31 PM\']
Wasn't Uri Geller exposed by James Randi on that Bob Barker show?  Or was that someone else?
[/quote]
That was some other jackbag. Geller would never allow Randi to test him in a controlled environment, because he knows Randi would expose him as a fraud.

(And, similarly, Randi would never allow Geller to specify the conditions of the test, because he knows that Geller would leave himself a hole.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:39:10 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' post=\'165040\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 06:31 PM\']Wasn't Uri Geller exposed by James Randi on that Bob Barker show?  Or was that someone else?[/quote]
I think it was on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, if I'm not mistaken.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:44:30 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

MTCesquire

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:51:37 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165041\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 07:37 PM\']
That was some other jackbag. Geller would never allow Randi to test him in a controlled environment, because he knows Randi would expose him as a fraud.

(And, similarly, Randi would never allow Geller to specify the conditions of the test, because he knows that Geller would leave himself a hole.)
[/quote]

Ah, gotcha.  This isn't the first time I've heard Geller and Randi mentioned together.  I tried to put 2 and 2 together and figured they were both on the Barker show.  Thanks for clarifying.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165041\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 07:37 PM\']That was some other jackbag. Geller would never allow Randi to test him in a controlled environment, because he knows Randi would expose him as a fraud.[/quote]
Agreed.

Around 1991, Geller had an infomercial or some form of half-hour televised program where he was showing off his mad skillz.  One such event involved him bending a spoon in the narrow portion by rubbing it.  While on vacation in the summer of 1991, yours truly (16 at the time) and my then 11-year-old sister thought we'd be the next Uri Gellers while at a restaurant in Cincinnati, by bending all the spoons at our table.  After the parents caught onto our little magic trick, their faces told us "Are you TRYING to get us kicked out of here?"  If we only had a camera to catch that golden moment, when the family trip was nearly ruined and us kids realized Geller's a huge spoon bending fraud...:-)

Going back to the topic at hand, it was James Hydrick who was exposed on That's My Line by The Amazing Randi.  This clip was mentioned in the Internet Finds thread last November.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:41:05 PM by MikeK »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:28:38 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'165042\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 04:44 PM\']
[/quote]
Kinda sorta. Gellar did the show, and Carson, who as an amateur magician knew Randi, went to him and asked how he could keep Gellar from pulling any fast ones. But I don't think Randi was actually present for the appearance.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

narzo

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:29:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165046\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 07:28 PM\']
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'165042\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 04:44 PM\']
[/quote]
Kinda sorta. Gellar did the show, and Carson, who as an amateur magician knew Randi, went to him and asked how he could keep Gellar from pulling any fast ones. But I don't think Randi was actually present for the appearance.
[/quote]

step right up folks, be amazed at the mental trickery of the great Uri Geller...

http://www.randi.org/

(midway down the page)