Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ohio Lottery game confusion  (Read 3645 times)

brianhenke

Ohio Lottery game confusion
« on: September 21, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »
I was watching Ch. 5 today and there was an ad announcing that Make Me Famous, Make Me Rich will return (implied: this fall) with a new simplified format.

But the Lottery's web site here said what has been reported here and confirmed to me from a former contestant: Cash Explosion Double Play will return on Oct. 6 (with Sharon Bicknell as a co-host!)

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

sshuffield70

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:26:54 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'164488\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 03:07 PM\']
I was watching Ch. 5 today and there was an ad announcing that Make Me Famous, Make Me Rich will return (implied: this fall) with a new simplified format.

But the Lottery's web site here said what has been reported here and confirmed to me from a former contestant: Cash Explosion Double Play will return on Oct. 6 (with Sharon Bicknell as a co-host!)

Brian
[/quote]

Ch 5 isn't even the lottery affiliate in Cincy.  And worse yet, they have the worst newscast in Cincy.  What makes you think they know what the hell they're talking about?

jmangin

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 05:15:14 PM »
with Sharon Bicknell as a co-host!
[/quote]
Will she continue to wear fashions from The Winner in beautiful downtown Sharon, PA?

/Yes, I'm making a joke.
//Horan:  "Thom McKee was a winner on Tic Tac Dough."

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 06:14:19 PM »
WEWS in Cleveland had an ad for Cash Explosion last night, with the October 6 start date.

sshuffield70

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 07:35:28 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'164508\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 05:15 PM\']
with Sharon Bicknell as a co-host!
[/quote]
Will she continue to wear fashions from The Winner in beautiful downtown Sharon, PA?

/Yes, I'm making a joke.
//Horan:  "Thom McKee was a winner on Tic Tac Dough."
[/quote]

I dunno?  Maybe some shop in Sharonville, Ohio.

/It's the next town down....
//Oh, yeah, I'm moving there next month
///But it's like no one cares but me and the Mrs.

jmangin

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »
Actually I was really referencing http://www.thewinneroutlet.com/ , the original source of her outfits from Cash Explosion.

I'm from Ohio and remember watching her and that squinty-faced Paul Taupie...their wardrobe was so garish.

Don Howard

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 12:01:34 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'164511\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 06:14 PM\']
WEWS in Cleveland had an ad for Cash Explosion last night, with the October 6 start date.
[/quote]
And I've seen ads all over the place for it during Indians' game commercial breaks on SportsTime Ohio.
Good to have Cash Explosion back and I'm especially happy about Sharon Bicknell being a part of it. Sharon, by the way, is a heck of a good actress, having seen her in performance over the years in quite a few shows on Playhouse Square.
For those who watched Make Me Famous Make Me Rich, was a complete game ever shown or were they always a round or two into play as the show began?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:03:52 AM by Don Howard »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 12:04:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'164546\' date=\'Sep 22 2007, 12:01 AM\']For those who watched Make Me Famous Make Me Rich, was a complete game ever shown or were they always a round or two into play as the show began?[/quote]
For the first few months, all game play was shown.

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'164508\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 05:15 PM\']
[/quote]

Despite the namesakes, An state lottery show, which promotes prizes made in OHIO gets their wardrobe from Pennsylvania?!?!?

[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'164526\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 07:35 PM\']I dunno?  Maybe some shop in Sharonville, Ohio.
[/quote]

Ain't nothing in Sharon Center anymore!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 02:22:39 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'164526\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 07:35 PM\']

[/quote]

Now I know never to visit Sharonville, Ohio.

Just out of curiosity...how many states now have state-lottery based game shows? (I'm talking about the ones that do NOW, not the ones that have in the past.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

toddyo

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »
Let's see.

WCPO will no longer be the Cincinnati affiliate of the Ohio Lottery as of the week of Cash Explosion Double Play returns. WLWT will be the new home (again....the first time, WLWT was dropped several months into a new contract because no one knew that they aired the Lottery..WCPO had been the home since its inception; I'll wager the same thing will happen. WCPO says they lose money in the break between WOF and J!).

WLWT is airing edited spots for MMF/MMR. Why? Beats me.

I think Ohio Lottery made a huge mistake by keeping the $(%&! host of MMF/MMR as a co-host of CEDP. I knew something was up when his wardrobe suddenly went from grunge to coat and tie about 6 weeks ago.

Not a single complete game since the first month of airing has been shown. A pity since they've had the largest amounts of cash given away over the past month, plus the returning champ hitting week # 8 tonight at over $350,000, the largest TV winner of any Ohio Lottery game show.

The three hosts are the previous mentioned host of MMFMMR, Sharon Bicknell and Cherie whatever her name is, who has a horrible time adlibbing when drawing the numbers on the daily results. (Those outside of Ohio...they have 5 different people who draw numbers).

I see they are using the newer theme of Cash Explosion, which was horrible. I would hope that they'll have Johnny Douglas announce. When the Ohio Lottery changed marketing companies, they did away with any type of announcement like "Welcome to Cash Explosion Double Play"...instead you just saw a video montage with animation along with bad production music and then the announcer would just intro the hosts. TACKY!

tpirfan28

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'164567\' date=\'Sep 22 2007, 02:22 PM\']
Just out of curiosity...how many states now have state-lottery based game shows? (I'm talking about the ones that do NOW, not the ones that have in the past.)
[/quote]
Can't be too many....possibly just Ohio now?

(Please bring back Illinois Instant Riches.  Please.)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

sshuffield70

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »

[/quote]

Now I know never to visit Sharonville, Ohio.[/quote]

Remind me to stay out of your trashy state.  Don't you know when to shut up?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 04:33:16 PM by sshuffield70 »

dzinkin

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 05:22:30 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'164573\' date=\'Sep 22 2007, 04:31 PM\']

[/quote]
Now I know never to visit Sharonville, Ohio.[/quote]
Remind me to stay out of your trashy state.  Don't you know when to shut up?
[/quote]
Yeah, Steve's recent post notwithstanding, there was no need to carry that over into this thread.

bwood

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »
I think it's funny how they ended up keeping the host of MMF/MMR for CEDP, when they did a casting call for host. I sent them an email at the end of July because I'd never heard anything about them doing casting calls, then I received a reply saying that they did do a casting call and tapes were due by the 24th (this was the 22nd). So, I hurried up and put one together, it wasn't the best (obviously) sinceI had a day to do it, but at least I can say that I sent one out.