Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The thing I really like about Drew Carey  (Read 8355 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The thing I really like about Drew Carey
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 01:44:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Patrick S\' post=\'163606\' date=\'Sep 12 2007, 08:28 PM\']
It's certainly not the exceptional format of the game...
[/quote]
So therefore it must be the host. Of COURSE. How could I have been so silly?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 02:16:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Patrick S\' post=\'163586\' date=\'Sep 12 2007, 07:38 PM\']
We all know Howie Mandel is the reason DoND became a success,
[/quote]

I believe, and someone feel free to jump in with the sedatives, that the reason the general viewing public gravitates towards deal has something to do with....ahem

"OMG LYKE LOOK SHINY COLORS HOT MODELS BIG MONEY WOO WOO WOO WOO!!!!11111ONEELEVENTY!!!!!!!"

Or maybe I'm giving them a bit too much credit.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 02:18:08 AM by Seth Thrasher »

JakeT

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 05:52:27 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'163612\' date=\'Sep 12 2007, 10:46 PM\']
I'm interested in seeing that special mainly because I'm interested in seeing if he's still filthy and funny, or if he's trying to be filthy to BE funny.
[/quote]

Oh, make no mistake, Saget is definitely being filthy to be funny in this special (and I believe he doesn't simply try to be funny, he succeeds)...it is very much classic Saget - non-stop stream-of consciousness comedy that moves faster than the speed of sound, goes off on frequent tangents and then sneaks back around to eventually complete a previous sick thought and, happily, lots of really wicked trashy nasty digs at FULL HOUSE and his former castmates (all truly done in good fun)...I never could have imagined something as simple as the phrase "Jesse & The Rippers" being inserted at random on several occasions would be funny, much less funnier each time it happened but I was never disappointed.

Jake

cmjb13

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 06:34:13 AM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'163607\' date=\'Sep 12 2007, 11:28 PM\']
[quote name=\'Patrick S\' post=\'163586\' date=\'Sep 12 2007, 09:38 PM\']
 Personally I'm beginning to grow tired of Bob Saget; it seems he sometimes still tries too hard convince people he's not the respectful Danny Tanner he portrayed. [/quote]

Well, personally, I find Bob Saget's nasty foul sick twisted stand-up act beyond hilarious!  Just this morning, I watched Bob's latest HBO comedy special and I laughed my ass off for the entire hour, literally laughing until my sides ached.  Kudos to Saget for doing whatever he feels necessary to escape the shadow of his sickly-sweet TGiF sitcom character that likely continues to drag down his career to this day.

Jake
[/quote]
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find him funny at all. Every other word seemed to be F this, and F you.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

davemackey

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Well, personally, I find Bob Saget's nasty foul sick twisted stand-up act beyond hilarious!  Just this morning, I watched Bob's latest HBO comedy special and I laughed my ass off for the entire hour, literally laughing until my sides ached.  Kudos to Saget for doing whatever he feels necessary to escape the shadow of his sickly-sweet TGiF sitcom character that likely continues to drag down his career to this day.
[/quote]
He also showed that same side in "The Aristocrats", the funny documentary about the filthiest joke in the world. Check it out.

DrBear

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
I'd mention some other comedians who did a good job on their shows, even if not necessarily hits - Jimmy Pardo on "Funny Money" ... Greg Proops on Versus...and of course Jimmy Kimmel on WBSM.

In fact, I just did.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'163629\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 04:36 AM\']
He also showed that same side in "The Aristocrats", the funny documentary about the filthiest joke in the world. Check it out.
[/quote]
BRILLIANT movie.

I saw it in a theater with about 12 other people. Half of us "got it." The other half must have thought they were gonna see a Disney flick and wandered into the wrong theater. The Billy The Mime bit was magical, because the crowd really stood out: six of us were rolling on the floor trying not to soil ourselves laughing, and the other six were just sitting there in stunned silence.

HIGHLY recommended. Especially if you're easily offended, because you really need to realize that they're just words.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 03:52:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'163643\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 10:45 AM\']
BRILLIANT movie.

I saw it in a theater with about 12 other people. Half of us "got it." The other half must have thought they were gonna see a Disney flick and wandered into the wrong theater. The Billy The Mime bit was magical, because the crowd really stood out: six of us were rolling on the floor trying not to soil ourselves laughing, and the other six were just sitting there in stunned silence.

HIGHLY recommended. Especially if you're easily offended, because you really need to realize that they're just words.
[/quote]

Tim Conway was absolutely wonderful in it.

Could Carson Daly do a game show? I bring him up mainly because he's been unfairly eclipsed by Seacrest in the race to be the next Dick Clark.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
Unfairly? Watch "Last Call" and then return to that assessment.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Neumms

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 05:38:52 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'163689\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 02:54 PM\']
Unfairly? Watch "Last Call" and then return to that assessment.

-Jason
[/quote]

See then, I'd have to watch "Last Call." Is it worse than Seacrest's talk show was?

BrandonFG

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 06:05:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'163701\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 05:38 PM\']
See then, I'd have to watch "Last Call." Is it worse than Seacrest's talk show was?
[/quote]
The problem I see with "Last Call" is that they don't know what format they wanna take. It started as a very casual, informal talk show in 2002, then they tried to turn it into Conan, and since he moved to LA, they seem to want to make it Leno-Lite.

It's not bad, per se, but they should really find themselves. In retrospect, I liked the first format; it was kinda like looking into a private party. The biggest problem is that Carson just seems so ill at ease. I don't know if he's loosened up over the years, but he looks very uncomfortable giving interviews. I think Seacrest could fit that role nicely.

Seacrest's show seemed to cater to the teeny-bopper crowd though, kinda like a TRL for those who couldn't afford cable. It wasn't a bad show from what I remember, if you're into that kind of thing. I wasn't.

/Still not.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:06:26 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 07:34:43 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'163707\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 06:05 PM\']It's not bad, per se, but they should really find themselves. In retrospect, I liked the first format; it was kinda like looking into a private party. The biggest problem is that Carson just seems so ill at ease.[/quote]
Fixed.

/The strike tag--the Internet's version of a Blackout Button.

tvwxman

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'163721\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 07:34 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'163707\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 06:05 PM\']It's not bad, per se, but they should really find themselves. In retrospect, I liked the first format; it was kinda like looking into a private party. The biggest problem is that Carson just seems so ill at ease.[/quote]
Fixed.

/The strike tag--the Internet's version of a Blackout Button.
[/quote]
There's your Line of the Day, folks.

/Must Trademark my baby before it falls into the wrong hands.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'163722\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 07:36 PM\']
There's your Line of the Day, folks.
[/quote]
Can't argue with that. Well played, Klauss.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

NickS

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'163629\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 06:36 AM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Or, for that matter, Howie Mandel and Drew Carey.  In fact, I thought that's how they both got their respective game show gigs.

/Billy the Mime doesn't par up to the card trick in the movie IMO