Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mark Burnett gets "Amne$ia"  (Read 1279 times)

weaklink75

Mark Burnett gets "Amne$ia"
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:10:12 PM »
Actually, I'm sorta  intrigued by this concept......how much do you really remember about your life?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 01:21:36 PM »
Yeah, because I want a sensationalistic television producer digging around my friends and family for intimate details about my life to broadcast on network television.

Sadly, there are enough attention whores out there that it will be a huge hit.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:41:34 PM »
How exciting, though, that they made the "s" in Amnesia a "$." It's about time someone tried that again.

One note on this and the lie-detector one: remember how Chuck Barris refused to give away big prizes on "Newlywed Game" because it made the contestants meaner to each other? Seems like the limiter is coming off.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'161383\' date=\'Aug 20 2007, 03:41 PM\']
How exciting, though, that they made the "s" in Amnesia a "$." It's about time someone tried that again.
[/quote]
I hear they wanted to use a regular S, but the dollar sign now allows a way to zoom through a hole in the logo.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 12:21:14 AM »
Oh, hell, is this NOT a show I'd want to play.  On a pretty regular basis my college room mate reminds me of things we said or did and I've got no recollection of.

(And I spent the whole four years sober!)
czambo@mac.com

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:25 AM »
I just can't see or even phathom anyone having any recollections of their past is gonna give them money.  Then again, some people have good memories & some don't.  I just hope those contestant coordinators weed out any suspicious characters that try to minipulate a game that could otherwise rob them of experiencing all the benefits of being there.

My only nitpick would be using Chumbawumba's "Amnesia" song as their theme song.  I can just imagine that.