Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Temptation" to get a prime-time preview  (Read 8924 times)

itiparanoid13

"Temptation" to get a prime-time preview
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 05:01:08 PM »
Dumb question, but is there an audience for the show?  It might have been an empty house for the EW thing or I may be completely blind.  Not that it matters that much, but I'm just curious.

And yes, everything does look awesome.  I know a few people who did work on the pilot and pre-production, and I was basically told horror stories about the show.  HUGE relief when I saw that video.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:02:50 PM by itiparanoid13 »

davidhammett

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'162532\' date=\'Sep 1 2007, 05:01 PM\']
Dumb question, but is there an audience for the show?  It might have been an empty house for the EW thing or I may be completely blind.  Not that it matters that much, but I'm just curious.
[/quote]
No audience... the size of the set actually makes an audience prohibitive (but not impossible).  Most of us who have seen a show done in person usually comment that the stage looks smaller than it does on TV; if that's the case, I can only imagine how huge this one will look!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 05:58:45 PM »
Oh trust me, I know that one.  I walked across the "Chain Reaction" set in 4 or 5 steps.

uncamark

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »
Ginger's worked on Phil Gurin's shows, including "Lingo" and "TWL."  She also worked on "Love Connection" back in the 80s, meaning that Eric Lieber probably fired her at least once.

All in all, looks like we've got people who get it working on "Temptation."  Rossi doesn't have a beautiful sidekick?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 06:46:28 PM »
That set is pretty neat. I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but the price tags on the various prizes reminded me of Wheel's shopping era. As a matter of fact, the entire set looks like a wedge from Wheel's shopping turntable. The car's license plate was a nice touch, too.

I'm really excited for the preview, since that's the only time I will actually be able see the show.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

The Pyramids

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 07:16:58 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'162724\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 05:29 PM\']
 All in all, looks like we've got people who get it working on "Temptation."  Rossi doesn't have a beautiful sidekick?
[/quote]

Being a Freemantle show I'd get a kick out of seeing a past or present 'TPIR' model or two.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'162724\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 03:29 PM\']
[/quote]
Rossi is his own beautiful sidekick.

Seriously, I agree. I haven't been this excited about a game show premiere in a very very long time....and I'll even say that I was right up there with the people who thought they were going to ruin it when they mentioned that Morreale was gonna host and that there would be "funny pop-culture" questions.

Plus, fer God's sake, they actually mention $otC in the name! Who the HELL thought they were going to actually acknowledge their past?

I haven't seen much, but what I have seen makes me totally jazzed about tomorrow night, even if I do have to watch Justin Guarini to do it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davidhammett

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 01:12:24 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'162724\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 06:29 PM\']
Rossi doesn't have a beautiful sidekick?
[/quote]
Not per se.  Rolanda Watts announces all of the Instant Bargains; the models simply... well, model.  (Or, my favorite verb for it, "fondle.")  But the way the game is staged, there's not a need for a Summer Bartholomew role.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 01:21:40 AM »
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' post=\'162761\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 10:12 PM\']But the way the game is staged, there's not a need for a Summer Bartholomew role.[/quote]They should have created one for her, then. :)  While Sale of the Century could have done just as well with Jay reading the Instant Bargain copy, I thought she added quite a bit to the show.

/even moreso now than when I was a youngin', but even so...
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 01:45:42 AM »
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' post=\'162761\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 01:12 AM\']
Rolanda Watts announces all of the Instant Bargains
[/quote]
The 90s talk show host and I believe journalist? Cool.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 01:50:41 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'162724\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 06:29 PM\']
All in all, looks like we've got people who get it working on "Temptation."
[/quote]
And this, along with the buzz generated about Crosswords makes me very optimistic. The market's obviously hot for game shows, and people have responded to the well-produced prime time games ("Singing Bee", "Power of 10") and even the ones that get slammed here (D/ND, "Lyrics").

The genre hasn't looked this optimistic in a LONG time.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 09:20:18 AM »
Please don't get me wrong.  I'm extremely excited for tonight, and I would love even maybe to go on one day.  However, is anyone else of the opinion that the set, while good, just isn't as sharp as the Australian one?  I don't even pretend that this has anything to do potentially with game play, but just an aside.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2007, 09:28:39 AM »
I liked it better, myself. Rather than the mishmash of windows, there's that entire "stage" around the shopping area.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 01:14:33 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'162766\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 01:45 AM\']
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' post=\'162761\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 01:12 AM\']
Rolanda Watts announces all of the Instant Bargains
[/quote]
The 90s talk show host and I believe journalist? Cool.
[/quote]
Watts has been the voice of the next episode previews for Judge Joe Brown for some time.  Until I saw Watts' name in the credits of Judge Joe Brown, I would've never guessed it was her.

/Yes, I watch some of those shows.  It's a guilty pleasure.
//And if you believe Stu Billett at GSC5, The People's Court is a game show.
///My ex-neighbors were on Rolonda's talk show about 12 years ago, but that's another story for another time.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2007, 01:50:10 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'162807\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 10:14 AM\']
//And if you believe Stu Billett at GSC5, The People's Court is a game show.
[/quote]
The People's Court would be a great game show if successful plaintiff's were permitted to come back and continue suing people until they lost.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe