Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shokus Radio at GSC6  (Read 1821 times)

Matt Ottinger

Shokus Radio at GSC6
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:20:50 PM »
As many of you know, the Game Show Congress is this weekend.  I hope to see many of you there, but if you can't be there, the next best thing might be to tune in to Shokus Radio's coverage of the event.  Here's a message from Stu:

Shokus Internet Radio is celebrating Game Show Congress Six in a big way.

First, on Thursday, July 12 at 4:00 p.m. PDT, Stu Shostak welcomes game show host (and GSC honoree) Wink Martindale to his live talk show for two hours of great conversation and your toll-free phone calls. On Saturday, July 14, Stu will have "I've Got a Secret" panelist Betsy Palmer on his show for another live two hour broadcast beginning at 4:00 p.m. PDT.

Then on Sunday at 12 noon PDT, the entire Game Show Congress luncheon will be broadcast live, as GSC honors both Wink and game show producer Bob Stewart. These are events that all serious game show fans will not want to miss. Remember to visit http://www.shokusradio.com/ for the best entertainment on the Internet!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

Shokus Radio at GSC6
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »
Bev and I won't be able to make it this time.
Priority events on our calendar make it an impossibilty for us.
Looking forward to the sea of stories from all who attend.

MikeK

• Martha!
Shokus Radio at GSC6
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'157099\' date=\'Jul 10 2007, 12:53 PM\']
[/quote]
I'm in the same boat as Don.  Teaching summer school and saving up for the big move in a few months are much higher priorities than the GSC.

TimK2003

Shokus Radio at GSC6
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'157109\' date=\'Jul 10 2007, 01:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'157099\' date=\'Jul 10 2007, 12:53 PM\']
[/quote]
I'm in the same boat as Don.  Teaching summer school and saving up for the big move in a few months are much higher priorities than the GSC.
[/quote]

Ditto for me, except we are finishing the "final move" from the Midwest this week.  A gracious thanks for Stu in advance to be providing "extended, in depth, team coverage" of GSC6 for us who are stuck at home this weekend.  

Now if only Qwest will get my DSL up and running in time for Thursday...(They had no trouble moving my land line 4 blocks down the street to my new place 2 weeks ago, but for some reason the Internet is a far, far more complicated process -- I typed this at work on my lunch hour!).

For those attending, don't forget to bring a deck of cards for Wink to sign (that was to be something I would have brought)!

davemackey

Shokus Radio at GSC6
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 02:41:31 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'157110\' date=\'Jul 10 2007, 02:12 PM\']
For those attending, don't forget to bring a deck of cards for Wink to sign (that was to be something I would have brought)!
[/quote]
To Tim,

When I see the six, it reminds me that this is the sixth GSC!

Yours in Christ,
Wink Martindale

/did you ever count the spots on a deck of cards and find them to add to 365?
//me either
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 02:42:23 PM by davemackey »

vtown7

Shokus Radio at GSC6
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:42:52 PM »
Just wondering if these types of things tend to get archived on Stu's site?  I'll be somewhere underwater on Sunday and surprisingly, I don't get the wireless connection that well in the drink...

Ryan :)