Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: vh-1's WS Of Pop Culture - Season 2  (Read 2099 times)

JakeT

vh-1's WS Of Pop Culture - Season 2
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
I had the pleasure last night of watching the 2nd season premiere of the WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE on Time-Warner Cable's ON DEMAND and everyone should be pleased to know that the show is as great as last season.  No spoilers to offer...just will say that both games were very competitive and tons of fun to play along with.  Can't wait for episode 2!

And dammit, give Pat Kiernan his own daily game show so that the rest of the crop of
Barker-Sajak wanna-bees can see just how competant hosting is done.   Hell, this friendly glib host could easily be Barker's successor on TPiR and I'd become a viewer again.

Jake

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:41:56 PM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'156558\' date=\'Jul 2 2007, 07:21 PM\']
I had the pleasure last night of watching the 2nd season premiere of the WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE on Time-Warner Cable's ON DEMAND and everyone should be pleased to know that the show is as great as last season.  No spoilers to offer...just will say that both games were very competitive and tons of fun to play along with.  Can't wait for episode 2!

And dammit, give Pat Kiernan his own daily game show so that the rest of the crop of
Barker-Sajak wanna-bees can see just how competant hosting is done.   Hell, this friendly glib host could easily be Barker's successor on TPiR and I'd become a viewer again.

Jake
[/quote]

Totally agree with your headline. Can't wait for July 9 when us plebes get it.

-M

JakeT

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:25:48 PM »
[quote name=\'MyronMMeyer\' post=\'156563\' date=\'Jul 2 2007, 08:41 PM\']

Totally agree with your headline. Can't wait for July 9 when us plebes get it.

[/quote]

Man, when even the scourge of society, the wad of chewing gum stuck to the bottom of the world's shoes or similar like me can watch goodies on ON DEMAND, just about ANYONE can...:)

And while it pains me tremendously to speak positively about Comcast, I sure wish they were still in control of our cable in Dallas...they offered much more content via ON DEMAND than Time-Warner does...T-W is slowly catching up but they're still miles apart.  On the other hand, once Time-Warner took control, they finally started making their DVRs into something more than, pardon the expression, a retarded 80s-era VCR at best.  The T-W DVR is now frighteningly close to working as well as TIVO.  As soon as they give us dual-tuner capabilities, I'll be quite satisfied.

However, the bottom line is that if cable internet access wasn't so damned fast and generally trouble-free, I'd dump cable forever and go back to a dish in a heartbeat!

Jake

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'156568\' date=\'Jul 2 2007, 09:25 PM\']
Man, when even the scourge of society, the wad of chewing gum stuck to the bottom of the world's shoes or similar like me can watch goodies on ON DEMAND, just about ANYONE can...:)
[/quote]

Here in flyover country our cable "service" (using that term VERY loosely) is provided by a mid-major cable op (Mediacom).  They haven't even made On Demand available here yet.  Heck, they can't even seem to get around to HD locals.

WhammyPower

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 06:08:14 PM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'156558\' date=\'Jul 2 2007, 07:21 PM\'] I had the pleasure last night of watching the 2nd season premiere of the WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE on Time-Warner Cable's ON DEMAND and everyone should be pleased to know that the show is as great as last season.  No spoilers to offer...just will say that both games were very competitive and tons of fun to play along with.  Can't wait for episode 2![/quote]
The name of the very first category got a big "HA!" from me... I'm sure most of you will do the same.

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'156621\' date=\'Jul 3 2007, 05:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'156558\' date=\'Jul 2 2007, 07:21 PM\'] I had the pleasure last night of watching the 2nd season premiere of the WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE on Time-Warner Cable's ON DEMAND and everyone should be pleased to know that the show is as great as last season.  No spoilers to offer...just will say that both games were very competitive and tons of fun to play along with.  Can't wait for episode 2![/quote]
The name of the very first category got a big "HA!" from me... I'm sure most of you will do the same.
[/quote]

And there's another one in the second game.

The "CHEETARAH!" ladies from last year's tourney are doing the exit interviews this year instead of Lisa Guerrero (an unidentified voice-over does the opening setups--the VOD version has no credits).  Davies must've thought that if they could do improv, they could do interviews, but they'll get the hang of it.

The expanded exit interviews of the losers are separate programs on both VOD and Verizon Wireless V-Cast (Amber, Katherine and Erin in their intros mention that it's a V-Cast show).  VOD also has an extended "Meet the Teams" for each of the episode 1 teams--I assume that VH1 will post more as we get closer to the rest of the shows.

And "World Series" will regularly air starting Monday night at 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET Monday-Thursday and 11 a.m. ET the next day.  We can assume added airings and mini-marathons throughout the month, no doubt.

And I agree with Jake--the first show is as fun to watch as last year--and I love the mikes coming out of the stage this year.  Nice touch.