Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What does the future of TPIR hold?...line wise?  (Read 3893 times)

Steve Gavazzi

What does the future of TPIR hold?...line wise?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' post=\'156160\' date=\'Jun 27 2007, 07:42 AM\']I think the most Bob ever taped was back in the late 70's through 1980 when Bob took over the syndicated version from Dennis James.  They would sometimes tape 2 hour-long episodes for CBS and a half-hour episode for nighttime syndication.[/quote]
If you're referring to the longest camera time ever recorded in one day, I'd wager two and a half hours is correct.  If you're referring to the number of episodes...there were actually several occasions during the strike in December 1972 where they were taping four daytime shows in one day.  (I don't really know all the circumstances in play back then, but of the first 26 days of that month -- after which point I have no more stats -- only five days had any tapings.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:36:54 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 11:54:45 PM »
there were actually several occasions during the strike in December 1972 where they were taping four daytime shows in one day
Those were four half-hour shows.

Going back to two shows per day/three days per week will save them a bundle of money as it is. Three one-hour shows per day would really be stretching it.

I wouldn't rule out two shows per day/four days per week. Or two shows each Mon - Wed and one show on Thursday. The possibilities are endless.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:57:33 PM by chris319 »

jdhernandez

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'156189\' date=\'Jun 27 2007, 04:37 PM\']
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'156186\' date=\'Jun 27 2007, 05:00 PM\']
They have had paid audience members before.

I didn't know that! Wow. When was the last time this happened?
[/quote]
I'm not sure exactly the last time it happened, but I know if happened during one of my trips there. Either November of 05 or May of 06. They were very short in audience members.
[/quote]

I do recall more than one occasion a few years back during Monday tapings where audience members from the first show were asked to return for the second show because they were extremely short and wouldn't be able to fill seats. I remember the lines being ridiculously short (for a Price taping, anyway) because of some heavy storms we were having in the area, as well as mudslides across the southland, and many road closures. In fact, I don't think all the seats were filled for one of those shows. I seem to remember about 20 empty seats in one of the shows while I was there... but then again, what's twenty seats in an audience of over three-hundred?

/Hey, look at that!
//250 posts barely, and halfway to 500!
///It could take another four years to reach that mark.
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

cmjb13

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 06:44:04 AM »
Here's a call sheet from November 1974.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 10:39:31 AM »
Okay, because I'm a dork, I looked up the dates of the four shows on that sheet...it looks like they're Thursday, December 12; Friday, December 13; Monday, December 16; and Monday, January 20.

Any idea why they'd tape that one episode so far out of order?

HYHYBT

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »
This may have been for a completely different reason for all I know, but there was at least one episode within the last couple of months where they left out that section of temporary chairs in the center.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 02:20:12 PM »
For those who might know--in the last several years, did the call sheet have at the top:

THE PRICE IS RIGHT
STARRING BOB BARKER, WGMC

Instead of:

The Price is Right
Host:  Bob Barker

I assume some CBS employees would personally change those last two letters to read "WGAH."