Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob's Grudge  (Read 6707 times)

Scrabbleship

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 10:12:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'155916\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 10:43 PM\']
The difference between reruns of MTM and reruns of TPIR are so dramatic as to make the analogy pretty weak anyway. If you want to pretend not to recognize that, you're just being obstinate.  The bottom line is that Barker has the power, and whether he's acting out of malice, out of fear of embarrassment or out of a genuine and sincere believe that he's doing right by his four-legged friends, it's still his power to wield.
[/quote]

Bob seems to care a LOT more about beings with four legs than he does with people with two legs. An oblivious mink is more important to him than Dian Parkinson, Holly Halstrom, Janice Pennington, Kathleen Bradley, Paul Alter and the rest of the exiled production staff, and all children. Maybe if he treated his two-legged friends with even half the respect of his four-legged friends, I and others wouldn't see him as the jerk he is.

If Bob was even half as good as Betty White, my view of him would be a LOT higher than it is now.

[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'155914\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 10:28 PM\']
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155907\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 07:03 PM\']3: Not in this day and age where fur is a shadow of what it once was. Any sensible girl cares about animals and would protest and beg for cash in lieu of the fur. Fur is a relic and when the old generation dies nobody will care about it anymore.[/quote]Those are fairly wide-sweeping generalizations that you've made, and you're in no position to make them. [/quote]

Most sensible girls in this day and age have lived in a world where fur has been a liability instead of an asset, marginalized for being a product of murder with the risk of having it being splattered by blood or paint by protesters being very imminent. In turn, they don't want fur because fur is no longer the object of luxury it once was and it's something they can do without. Ask any girl under 30 and the majority will either be against fur or apathetic towards fur.

dzinkin

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 10:35:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155929\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 10:12 AM\']
The difference between reruns of MTM and reruns of TPIR are so dramatic as to make the analogy pretty weak anyway. If you want to pretend not to recognize that, you're just being obstinate.  The bottom line is that Barker has the power, and whether he's acting out of malice, out of fear of embarrassment or out of a genuine and sincere believe that he's doing right by his four-legged friends, it's still his power to wield.
[/quote]
Bob seems to care a LOT more about beings with four legs than he does with people with two legs. An oblivious mink is more important to him than Dian Parkinson, Holly Halstrom, Janice Pennington, Kathleen Bradley, Paul Alter and the rest of the exiled production staff, and all children. Maybe if he treated his two-legged friends with even half the respect of his four-legged friends, I and others wouldn't see him as the jerk he is.
[/quote]
"...all children"?  Where in the world do you get that?

In any event, few of us would disagree that Bob has treated more than a few people like dirt.  But that has absolutely no relevance to whether or not his caring about animals is sincere.

Scrabbleship

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 10:39:31 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'155930\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 10:35 AM\']
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155929\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 10:12 AM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
"...all children"?  Where in the world do you get that?[/quote]

A post not too long ago that cited that Bob didn't like kids, citing that he'd exile school groups to the far reaches of the audience on Truth or Consequences.

jmangin

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155912\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 10:13 PM\']1: I never noticed the former (the first season theme sucked), but every time I've seen it the meat in the cart existed.[/quote]

That shot is a commentary on the rising cost of beef, especially for a "single girl trying to make it on her own."

A post not too long ago that cited that Bob didn't like kids, citing that he'd exile school groups to the far reaches of the audience on Truth or Consequences.

ToC pulled some contestants from the audience--why would the producers stick a group of ineligible people in such a valuable spot if they can't even play?

Matt Ottinger

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 11:44:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155931\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 10:39 AM\']A post not too long ago that cited that Bob didn't like kids, citing that he'd exile school groups to the far reaches of the audience on Truth or Consequences.[/quote]
Underage and potentially restless and distracting audience members are asked to sit in the back at the taping of a TV show, and therefore Bob Barker doesn't like kids?  Man.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155931\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 10:39 AM\']

[/quote]

26 weeks of hosting "The Family Game" will do that to a person.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Steve Gavazzi

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 01:12:54 PM »
Do you think the horse has been beaten dead enough yet?

[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'155910\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 09:32 PM\']
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155907\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 07:03 PM\']Could anyone here imagine a world without The Mary Tyler Moore Show because of...the ground beef in the grocery cart in the opening...?[/quote]
Second of all, did Bob raise a stink about old episodes that featured meat products?[/quote]
Well, GSN aired the second episode, and they had bacon in Grocery Game that day...so apparently not.

/Yeah, I know the discussion's moved past this point.  Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 01:13:20 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

dzinkin

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 02:14:37 PM »
Let's just admit* that Bob Barker is a potential mass murderer who hates both kids and adults, prays to the god of spaying and neutering every night, and justifies his carnal relations with small farm animals by pretending to love all animals when he really doesn't.  Satisfied?

/And by "admit" I mean "say something really outrageously false and see if anyone's sufficiently separated from reality to take it seriously"

BrandonFG

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 02:17:56 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'155936\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 02:14 PM\']
/And by "admit" I mean "say something really outrageously false and see if anyone's sufficiently separated from reality to take it seriously"
[/quote]
So, it's not true that his neighbor's dog told him to become the evil tyrant he is? ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'155937\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 02:17 PM\']
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'155936\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 02:14 PM\']
[/quote]
So, it's not true that his neighbor's dog told him to become the evil tyrant he is? ;-)
[/quote]
Bowling buddy told him.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Kevin Prather

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 02:51:05 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'155939\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 11:26 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'155937\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 02:17 PM\']
[/quote]
Bowling buddy told him.
[/quote]
Get it right. His bowling buddy's dog.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob's Grudge
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 03:02:21 PM »
I can't leave you people alone for a minute, can I? :)

That said, I see that any evisceration I had locked and loaded for Scrabbleship would at this point be redundant. Well done. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Scrabbleship

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 03:06:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'155942\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 03:02 PM\']
I can't leave you people alone for a minute, can I? :)

That said, I see that any evisceration I had locked and loaded for Scrabbleship would at this point be redundant. Well done. :)
[/quote]

Mammals = Mammals
Minks = Models
Respect all creatures
Good night now!!:)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Bob's Grudge
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 03:12:50 PM »
Better late than never? You be the judge...
Most sensible girls in this day and age have lived in a world where fur has been a liability instead of an asset, marginalized for being a product of murder with the risk of having it being splattered by blood or paint by protesters being very imminent. In turn, they don't want fur because fur is no longer the object of luxury it once was and it's something they can do without. Ask any girl under 30 and the majority will either be against fur or apathetic towards fur.
You are welcome to your opinion, but you have  as much right to claim that your opinion is the right one, or that "sensible girls" agree with you than I do to say that "all members of the Invision Game Show Forum should strap on a clown nose, hip waders and a Wonderbra and carry signs saying "Travis Eberle for King and Tyrant of the World." You just don't get to do that and expect to get away with it. There's a difference between legitimate discussion of principles, and then there's "I'm right, and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong" and you're in the second camp. When you acknowledge that there is another valid viewpoint, I'll happily engage in discussion.

/Oh, please. Anyone who would have his followers wearing hip waders would surely abuse whatever powers he was given. Seriously, you didn't think I'd be a good and just king, did you?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 03:15:56 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob's Grudge
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 03:22:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155943\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 12:06 PM\']
Mammals = Mammals
Minks = Models
Respect all creatures
Good night now!!:)
[/quote]
What in the bleeding hell are you talking about?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe