Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Stand-By Ticket  (Read 1258 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

A Stand-By Ticket
« on: May 15, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »
Good day everyone!

I am just updating my situation with myself and "The Price is Right." I have my plane booked, my room reserved, and I received my ticket...a "stand-by" ticket, that is. I know regular ticket holders will go first, so I have a question for you.

Am I basically out of luck when it comes to my chance at seeing Barker before he retires? I appreciate your responses!

The Inquisitive One, hopefully Coming on Down
This is the Way.

TheLastResort

A Stand-By Ticket
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:04:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'152335\' date=\'May 15 2007, 03:23 PM\']
Good day everyone!

I am just updating my situation with myself and "The Price is Right." I have my plane booked, my room reserved, and I received my ticket...a "stand-by" ticket, that is. I know regular ticket holders will go first, so I have a question for you.

Am I basically out of luck when it comes to my chance at seeing Barker before he retires? I appreciate your responses!

[/quote]
I doubt you have a snowball's chance with a standby ticket.  When you get there, you better "work the line" and see if anyone has any extras.  Or you could try Golden-Road.net.  Good luck.

catkins522

A Stand-By Ticket
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TheLastResort\' post=\'152342\' date=\'May 15 2007, 06:04 PM\']
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'152335\' date=\'May 15 2007, 03:23 PM\']
Good day everyone!

[/quote]
I doubt you have a snowball's chance with a standby ticket.  When you get there, you better "work the line"[/quote]
before they get into the lot
and see if anyone has any extras.

If you go in and get a "real" ticket from a person, someone can report this and you and the person will be kicked out.  This is a quote from a CBS page when I was there in January.  Once again, good luck.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Jimmy Owen

A Stand-By Ticket
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:24:50 AM »
You might be better off saving the plane fare and selling the ticket on ebay to a collector of Price-Barker memorabilia.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

wheelloon

A Stand-By Ticket
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
Out of curiosity, what was the tape date you got your "stand-by" ticket for?

The tickets I ordered (in March, mind you), were for June 6, and they have yet to come in the mail. Should I not be expecting to get them at this point, or must I continue to be patient?
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

TheInquisitiveOne

A Stand-By Ticket
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
^ It's touch and go. CBS sends out their tickets around two weeks before the tape date, so you should keep an eye on the mail anytime soon.

My date was for May 31 @ 2:30 PM, by the way.

I'm not feeling too good about this...

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.