Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR  (Read 1661 times)

GSFan

TPiR
« on: May 17, 2007, 04:07:22 PM »
Has the date been announced yet?
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

tpirfan28

TPiR
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
Tape date is still 6/6/07, play date still TBD.  Speculation is that the finale will be at the end of summer reruns.  Original finale date was set to air 6/15.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

GSFan

TPiR
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »
Wonder why they would hold his final show all summer.  I actually thought the tape date would be a close to the air date as possible to keep things fresh.  I also thought they'd air it when interest in his retirement was up.

Think they'll air it now and repeat it later in the summer?
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

Card Shark

TPiR
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 11:03:27 PM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' post=\'152548\' date=\'May 17 2007, 04:24 PM\']
Wonder why they would hold his final show all summer.  I actually thought the tape date would be a close to the air date as possible to keep things fresh.  I also thought they'd air it when interest in his retirement was up.

Think they'll air it now and repeat it later in the summer?
[/quote]

It makes perfect sense. The producers most likely don't want to confuse the audience by having him tape his final show only to have it in reruns all summer. This way, his final show will air the Friday before the new season begins with whatever host they pick (And when the hell will they finally tell us for God's sakes?). Just a guess.
Adam Strom

snowpeck

TPiR
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 01:34:57 AM »
The audience isn't that stupid.  They'll realize it's summer reruns.  It should air as originally intended.  I guess we'll find out eventually.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

HYHYBT

TPiR
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 01:47:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'152606\' date=\'May 17 2007, 11:03 PM\']It makes perfect sense. The producers most likely don't want to confuse the audience by having him tape his final show only to have it in reruns all summer. This way, his final show will air the Friday before the new season begins with whatever host they pick[/quote]
Really, though, how many TV viewers in 2007 don't understand the concept of reruns, especially during the summer?
And when the hell will they finally tell us for God's sakes?
August 29th?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages