Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 448269 times)

Mike Tennant

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1680 on: May 17, 2011, 08:52:05 PM »
I don't want to link to a direct file per earlier forum decisions, but you can download the LMAD rules here. Here's a picture of the contents.
Looking at the instructions, I see it's the '74 Ideal home version with Monty's picture replaced by Wayne's and the pieces and prices modernized, which is what I gathered when I saw the game in Big Lots a few weeks ago.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1681 on: May 21, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »
In an earlier post, I'd mentioned two new card games from Endless Games.  I just stumbled across, a website listing them, with nice illustrations of them, and brief descriptions are available as well:

Family Feud Strikeout -- http://www.toysandgamesonline.com/Endless-Games-895-EGX1018.html

Password Lightning Round --  http://www.toysandgamesonline.com/Endless-Games-896-EGX1019.html

In addition, they do show the 50th Anniversary Password game, plus the Picture Password game for kids.  As of now, none of the games appear to be in stock at that website.

tvrandywest

« Reply #1682 on: May 21, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »
"TPiR Decades" from Ludia is due in September, and will include some of the long-retired games from the 70s and 80s.  Anybody know about a release date for Ludia's "Hole In The Wall"?

Thanks

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TonicBH

« Reply #1683 on: May 21, 2011, 12:40:11 PM »
"TPiR Decades" from Ludia is due in September, and will include some of the long-retired games from the 70s and 80s.  Anybody know about a release date for Ludia's "Hole In The Wall"?

Thanks

Randy
tvrandywest.com

I have some vague hope for TPIR Decades, but knowing Ludia's quality of work they'll probably just hire Rich Fields to do all the voiceovers like the last two. Or maybe they'll finally get Drew.

/Wouldn't mind George, though.
//Honestly, is Price the only Ludia game show adaption that isn't out and out terrible?
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

chad1m

« Reply #1684 on: May 21, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »
They'll probably just hire Rich Fields to do all the voiceovers like the last two.
How do you think Randy knows the title and period of a game they haven't officially announced yet? :P

Fedya

« Reply #1685 on: May 21, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
I can't imagine a home version of Hole in the Wall.  Then again, I tend to prefer retro, so I'd go for .
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1686 on: May 22, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »
They'll probably just hire Rich Fields to do all the voiceovers like the last two.
How do you think Randy knows the title and period of a game they haven't officially announced yet? :P
I was hoping somebody would say that :)

I remember Ludia saying over at Golden Road that there weren't any plans to release another game after Price 2010 was released, so I'm guessing FF Decades was successful enough for them to go back to the drawing board. But I wonder what they're going to do about the "retro" theming on this one- Feud just had to pull surveys and have the voiceover guy read them off. Are they going to use old prize clips and dub them over, or just let them be as is?

So, I wonder what retired games we'll be getting out of the bunch, as many of them were retired for a reason. Looking at the retired PG list, I only see about 15 of the 33 games that I could see them even considering bringing back, but I could be wrong. These are the five that I'd like to see:

Hurdles
Walk of Fame
Super Saver
Super Ball
Penny Ante

As always with Ludia products, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

cliffhanger285

« Reply #1687 on: May 28, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »
Wipeout: In the Zone is being released for Xbox 360 Kinect! :D :D :D :D

Trailer

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1688 on: May 29, 2011, 12:32:17 AM »
Wipeout: In the Zone is being released for Xbox 360 Kinect! :D :D :D :D

Trailer
If it's going to be anything like the last Wipeout video game, you might want to hold onto those smileys...
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1689 on: June 01, 2011, 11:15:56 PM »
Just went in Target, and it seems that Deal or No Deal just won't die. Target is carrying a "2011 Special Edition" for the Wii with new minigames and whatnot. Looks like they totally eliminated Mii support as well.

In other news, Ludia is touting that they've sold 10 million games in a recent press release. The link is below, but here's what stuck out the most to me:

The second half of Ludia's 2011 slate includes the release of 15 new games. The company will also expand its Facebook offering to feature a broad range of titles including games based on five new TV game shows, a major film franchise, and an original creation.

To fuel Ludia's ongoing growth, the company plans to increase its current headcount of over 120 employees with 50 new hires by the end of 2011.
PRESS RELEASE
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:20:17 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

GSNFAN3000

« Reply #1690 on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:09 PM »
1 vs. 100 is now out on Facebook...
PLAY HERE
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:47:39 PM by GSNFAN3000 »

SuperMatch93

« Reply #1691 on: June 05, 2011, 12:05:00 AM »
PLAY HERE

Beat the Mob on the first go. The final question asked what was on the back of the $10 bill.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1692 on: June 05, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »
PLAY HERE

Beat the Mob on the first go. The final question asked what was on the back of the $10 bill.

Same here--different question, though. The game is too easy. I'm not a huge fan.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1693 on: June 17, 2011, 12:47:09 PM »
Up on the iOS App Store is a game called That Game Show- it combines Scrabble Speedword, Cross Wits, and an old computer game called Lexi Cross (the one that came complete with a Bob Goen cyborg as host). The iPhone version is single player, but three people can crowd around an iPad to play. Both have computer opponents just in case you need a challenge.

Each game consists of three rounds, each with a crossword board. The game starts with a clue and letter blanks. Letters pop in one by one, and whoever buzzes in with the correct answer gets points. Those letters are then placed into random words in the crossword. From there on, you can go to another jump in word to get more letters, guess crossword words for more points, or guess the bond to earn the jackpot and end the round. The player with the most points after three rounds wins.

Good: nice presentation, challenging computer players, and some of the jump in clues were witty- a nice surprise on that one.
Meh: Letters also pop into the blanks for the common bond, making the game a little too easy; the jackpot goes up as more crossword words are revealed- shouldn't the jackpot work its way down as the common bond becomes more apparent?

All in all, a nice getaway from the traditional game show fare on the App store, albeit a bit easy at times. Each version of the app is $1.99, and comes with 12 episodes. There's also a demo version with three episodes so you can try it out for yourself.

tpirfan28

« Reply #1694 on: June 21, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »
Peggle, the wonderful not-quite-Plinko clone, is free today on Amazon's Appstore for Android devices.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"