The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Richard Karn

<< < (2/3) > >>

jalman:
While he's a decent host, some of Karn's schtick somewhat bothered me.  For example, when a family likely won't get enough points to win Fast Money, he'll just go \"You'll need x points.  There are 100 people. (pause)\"   He doesn't seem to do anything with that statement (like joke around) and might give the family false hope.

He does make a better fit within the show by him having some fun with the families than Louie, even though I was never bothered by Louie's shortcomings (harsh voice, being somewhat jaded, etc.).

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 11:14 PM\'] To me, Louie was really laid back (which I actually kinda liked).  But, he was laid back to the point of showing little enthusiasm, which made him seem almost boring to watch.  What he was able to do is react to what the contestants say in a more natural way than Richard Karn seems to.  I have to admit, as corny as it was, I kinda liked when Louie would "trigger" the try again buzzer when explaining the rules to the second contestant, as well as cueing the clock to appear.  Little things, but it made it seem more interesting to watch.
 [/quote]
 You did bring up one positive thing that Louie used to do. Another one that always got a chuckle, right before the question he'd always make a crack about a silly fake poll group. For a better explanation, see my sig. :-)

However, I think Karn has finally found himself. He loosened up, and he's not as loud as last season. He also sounds a lot like Ray Combs. :-)

Robert Hutchinson:
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 06:24 PM\']You did bring up one positive thing that Louie used to do. Another one that always got a chuckle, right before the question he'd always make a crack about a silly fake poll group.[/quote]
Heh--that was probably my absolute least favorite part of his run as host, even beating out the food/fat jokes.

KyleCHaight:
Richard Karn blows Louie out of the water, easily. (Metaphorical water that is.)

Richard's just so much more likeable than Louie, possibly because his role of Al Borland carried over to \"Family Feud.\" Richard also seems to enjoy hosting the show more than Louie did. I always got the impression that Louie was just there to do the show then get home as quickly as possible.

Even though many of Richard's jokes fall flat, he doesn't get discouraged and that's a redeeming quality.

I'd say Richard has the ability to become the next Ray Combs, personally.

Lemonjello:
I'm surprised no one mentioned how horrible Louie was at reading the   Fast Money questions. Rarely did he make it through all 5 questions without at least a stumble or two. Other than that I thought he was pretty good.

Karn isn't as funny as Louie (IMO), but I still like him better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version