Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal UK  (Read 3017 times)

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Deal or No Deal UK
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'149969\' date=\'Apr 11 2007, 03:40 AM\']
Ooh! Our version's not dry, it's just rather arch! Our producers wanted it to feel more like a psychological thriller than gameshow when it first started.
[/quote]

As long as it is executed, as what Noel frequently says, "with honesty" and the contestant doesn't have to touch a an electric eel, I'm happy to have been watching the last 10 minutes of the UK show during my lunch break.
-Sanford

Brig Bother

Deal or No Deal UK
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 05:10:56 AM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'150003\' date=\'Apr 11 2007, 11:29 PM\']
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'149969\' date=\'Apr 11 2007, 03:40 AM\']
Ooh! Our version's not dry, it's just rather arch! Our producers wanted it to feel more like a psychological thriller than gameshow when it first started.
[/quote]

As long as it is executed, as what Noel frequently says, "with honesty" and the contestant doesn't have to touch a an electric eel, I'm happy to have been watching the last 10 minutes of the UK show during my lunch break.
[/quote]

Mmm. You do tend to miss a lot of the running jokes and entertaining banter if you limit yourself to the last ten minutes though. I know a lot of people watch the show for the number aspect and get hugely upset when something out-of-the-ordinary or a bit mean happens, but I'm not sure I "get" that. If I'm going to sit and watch something for forty-five minutes, I want something that's going to generally entertain.

rebelwrest

Deal or No Deal UK
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 04:28:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'150026\' date=\'Apr 12 2007, 05:10 AM\']
Mmm. You do tend to miss a lot of the running jokes and entertaining banter if you limit yourself to the last ten minutes though. I know a lot of people watch the show for the number aspect and get hugely upset when something out-of-the-ordinary or a bit mean happens, but I'm not sure I "get" that. If I'm going to sit and watch something for forty-five minutes, I want something that's going to generally entertain.
[/quote]

Some of us would like to see the whole episode, except that some of us don't live in the UK and have memberships to UK Nova.  Sometimes, it is hard to figure out the contestant's personality and reason for coming to the show from just those last ten minutes.  However, I like your version because it flows more naturally than our version (I just loved it when the producers kept in the part of the lights going out in Kerry's show).  Also, the producers make sure almost nothing gets in the way of the money, friendship, and psychological atmosphere of the game.  Besides, 10 minutes of the UK version is better than two hours of the U.S. version
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Brig Bother

Deal or No Deal UK
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 06:14:14 PM »
Yes of course, it's easy to forget that it's quite difficult to get a UK Nova membership sometimes.