The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Review of Karn's Season 5 Opener

(1/4) > >>

TV Favorites:
Well, the new season of Family Feud is upon us finally!  A few notes from the season opener.  I know some of this is \"Woolery left Wheel\" information, but I just wanted to give an outline to the episode.

* The families now play to 300 points with the first four rounds played Single-Single-Double-Triple.

* On today's show, we got to see how the fifth round \"tiebreaker\" is played.  The top answer is on the board, the first family to get it gets the points.

* The old \"party\" music is back.  I know the format of the game is more important than the music, but I don't see why we can't have the best of both worlds, especially since Score Productions went through all the trouble to remix the classic theme!

* The families are now introduced by the heads of families before the game starts.  Since the families introduce themselves now, Burton doesn't do a \"roll call\" of all of the member's names.  Here is how today's opening went:

\"It's time to play Family Feud!  It's the Johnson Family playing against the Johnson Family.  Now, with the start of a new season, everybody's favorite answer man, Mr. Richard Karn!\"

Answer Man?  At least Burton isn't trying to make corney rhymes with the families' names anymore.  Hopefully, this was just for the season opener.

That's all I can recall off the top of my head.  I have posted a few videos from the show...one of the new opening to the show and one showing the new final triple round.  They contain SPOILERS so download and view at your own risk.  Unfortunately, I am having problems with the GSFavorites Video Vault server, so I had to post them to the GSF Yahoo Group.  Hopefully, I'll get the server problem straightened out soon and can move the videos over.  I'll also be adding pictures to the GSFavorites Family Feud website as well as starting a episode guide for season 5.  A few important links

GSFavorites Yahoo Group
GSFavorites Family Feud Page
Family Feud (Karn) Episode Guide Season 1
Family Feud (Karn) Episode Guide Season 2

MSTieScott:

--- Quote ---Answer Man? At least Burton isn't trying to make corney rhymes with the families' names anymore. Hopefully, this was just for the season opener.
--- End quote ---

I saw the tapings of what I've been told will be the first episodes for the double-run part of the season (they haven't aired yet here, so I'm not sure), but for all four of those episodes, Burton was given a different \"title\" with which to introduce Richard. So it looks like that'll be going on all season.

--
Scott Robinson

urbanpreppie05:
Here's a question-

Why was the classic music dropped? Do any \"insiders\" know why?

SteveRep:
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 05:21 PM\'] Here's a question-

Why was the classic music dropped? Do any "insiders" know why? [/quote]
 Speculation ....

It wouldn't be rights-related, would it?

cmjb13:
Just a hunch but I'm guessing Score doesn't come cheap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version