Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation in the US  (Read 1105 times)

TimK2003

Temptation in the US
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
Nice thing about working at a smaller-market station is that most get to know the GM and vice versa on a very strong level.

I am working on convincing my GM into getting Crosswords and Temptation somewhere on our trio of stations.  

So far, I have had no problem supplying him with information on Crosswords, but have had a harder time finding information &/or a website for Temptation.  All I know is that it is a firm go as it has cleared 70% of the markets.

Any other help in finding a website and/or syndicator info would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:41:36 AM by TimK2003 »

Jimmy Owen

Temptation in the US
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:40:02 AM »
Twentieth Television is distributing it, a division of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.

Kinda surprised that your Twentieth rep isn't calling your GM daily about it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:42:42 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

Temptation in the US
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:35:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'149925\' date=\'Apr 10 2007, 11:40 AM\']
Twentieth Television is distributing it, a division of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.

[/quote]
no reason to if Tim's station is part of a group. Our station doesn't deal directly with syndicators...sure, we have a programming exec who makes recommendations, but the mother ship in Providence makes the final call for group purchases....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

Temptation in the US
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'149925\' date=\'Apr 10 2007, 11:40 AM\']

[/quote]

Actually, our new GM just started a few weeks ago, and we were without a GM for about 1-1/2 months before that, so the possibility of the info slipping thru the cracks was definitely there.

It looks promising, as he told me he prefers original programming to off-network shows.  And having 6 different court shows daily over 2 channels is too much!  

Thanks for the info so far here and in my personal e-mail.  I have enough info for him to go on now!