Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WoF NY taping report, 9/14  (Read 1762 times)

ChuckNet

WoF NY taping report, 9/14
« on: September 15, 2003, 12:33:42 AM »
Needless to say, I was able to finally get a ticket (thanks, Adam!) and attend the last 2 tapings of today's session (from Best Friends Week), even if I missed the 4000th ep, which taped earlier today. Anyway...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

J

U

S

T

I

N

C

A

S

E

First off, the set looks great! Lots of neon, w/a replica of Broadway marquees, etc. in the background for an authentic NYC feel.

Now for gameplay: On the first ep, a team won the game w/a $24K win in the final round, for a grand total of $42K (including a trip to Rome won as a \"prize puzzle\" bonus!) going into the bonus round. They solve the puzzle and win an additional $25K for a grand total of $67K+.

2nd ep: The team wins w/just under $20K (though one of the other teams might have claimed victory had they not experienced the misfortune of hitting Bankrupt just 2 spins after nailing the Mystery Wedge for a $10K Macy's GC). They win the bonus round, as well...grand prize? A pair of Lexuses, worth over $80K, for a grand total of $102K+!!

After the show, we went up to the stage for a brief chat w/Charlie O'Donnell (who seemed less biting than the last time I saw him in person...LOL) and his wife, which gave us a chance to see the set up close.

All in all, a great day, even if I wasn't one of 5 people randomly chosen for an audition following the tapings.

Chuck Donegan (The Pleased \"Chuckie Baby\")

Skynet74

WoF NY taping report, 9/14
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 01:08:06 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 12:33 AM\']
After the show, we went up to the stage for a brief chat w/Charlie O'Donnell (who seemed less biting than the last time I saw him in person...LOL) and his wife, which gave us a chance to see the set up close.

Chuck Donegan (The Pleased \"Chuckie Baby\") [/quote]

I had never seen Charlie in person before today. The guy is the best game show announcer there is. Truly the best as what he does. However.... he did not impress me as a great warm up guy. Not a whole lot of energy and no real spark to excite the crowd. He was very mellow and low key, telling a few jokes along the way that didn't get much of a laugh. Maybe he was having a bad day.  (I can easily see why you said he seemed less biting.) Today he really seemed to have no bite at all.

John
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 01:09:12 AM by Skynet74 »