Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who passed away?  (Read 1347 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Who passed away?
« on: March 17, 2007, 09:18:58 PM »
I just got home from New York, and my dad told me he saw something in the news about the passing of a GS personality.

I asked him if he was famous now, and he said "He used to be big."

I searched Google, Yahoo, and all the GS news sites I could think of, but nothing, which leads me to believe my dad may be mistaken, but I'm just making sure.

Anyone know?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Matt Ottinger

Who passed away?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 10:52:41 PM »
The only thing that comes close is the story (which I'm just learning about) that stand-up comic Sinbad was reported to have died by several reputable sources, but as things turned out, they all owed their information to a prankster messing with his Wikipedia article.  

One more thing that's not Wikipedia's fault...

if there had been a notable game show passing in the last couple of days, you can bet there would be a thread about it here.  Our members don't miss stuff like that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TimK2003

Who passed away?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:39:07 PM »
Your dad was probably correct in saying that Sinbad was a game show personality since he appeared in many game shows -- mostly Hollywood Squares (starting in the Davidson years??).

I heard about the Sinbad faux-obit on Friday as well, and how someone started the rumour, which just goes to show you that the suits should be going after Wikipedians who like to post wrongful info than those YouTubers who wish to share old Viacom clips.

/Viacom should still ban any clips of the old Viacom "Big V" logo, since that thing is still a little creepy!/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 11:44:24 PM by TimK2003 »

davemackey

Who passed away?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'148539\' date=\'Mar 17 2007, 09:18 PM\']
I just got home from New York, and my dad told me he saw something in the news about the passing of a GS personality.

Anyone know?
[/quote]
Richard Jeni. He was on "Squares" a lot.