Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 7928 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »
So, slightly related: Last night I was at the grocery, and in the checkout line I got into a conversation with the girls in front of me about House, since the good doctor was on the cover of one of the magazines; I think it was TV Guide. The checker had never seen it, and we were extolling the virtues of the show to her.

The girls get checked out and go on their way, and I move up to the checkstand, and the checker shrugs and says "I like Deal Or No Deal, but sometimes I just can't watch it; some of those contestants just drive me UP THE WALL. They JUST WON'T SHUT UP."

So I was satisfied knowing that the idiots they cast on that show don't just piss off the hardcore fans; they piss off the average viewers too. :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:16:59 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TravisP

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »
Also given I haven't seen every single US DoND. Can anybody confirm what is the oldest player they have had as a contestant on the show so far? As I am wondering if their audition process have a age limit.

uncamark

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'147468\' date=\'Mar 5 2007, 01:15 PM\']
So, slightly related: Last night I was at the grocery, and in the checkout line I got into a conversation with the girls in front of me about House, since the good doctor was on the cover of one of the magazines; I think it was TV Guide. The checker had never seen it, and we were extolling the virtues of the show to her.

The girls get checked out and go on their way, and I move up to the checkstand, and the checker shrugs and says "I like Deal Or No Deal, but sometimes I just can't watch it; some of those contestants just drive me UP THE WALL. They JUST WON'T SHUT UP."

So I was satisfied knowing that the idiots they cast on that show don't just piss off the hardcore fans; they piss off the average viewers too. :)
[/quote]

And just what it'll be like if the syndicated version is set up like the British and Australian versions, with future contestants replacing the models--22 to 26 annoying people!  Oh, joy!

BrandonFG

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'147475\' date=\'Mar 5 2007, 05:12 PM\']
Also given I haven't seen every single US DoND. Can anybody confirm what is the oldest player they have had as a contestant on the show so far? As I am wondering if their audition process have a age limit.
[/quote]
There was an Italian contestant from a few weeks ago that appeared to be in his late-50s, if not early-60s. He reminded me a lot of the "spicy meatball" guy from the Alka Seltzer commercials.

/I can't believe I ate the whole thing!
//That's what she said!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!