Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tickets to Bob Barker's last TPIR  (Read 6851 times)

animill9

Tickets to Bob Barker's last TPIR
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:43:32 PM »
Does anyone think that Bob Barker's final The Price is Right has already sold out? Some college friends and I are tryin to pool money so we can fly out to LA and see it possibly.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »
[quote name=\'animill9\' post=\'145507\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 07:43 PM\']
Does anyone think that Bob Barker's final The Price is Right has already sold out? Some college friends and I are tryin to pool money so we can fly out to LA and see it possibly.
[/quote]
1. They won't "sell" out, since tickets are free.
2. How many people in the mainstream know of his final show date? It seems like I've only seen it mentioned here.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

joe_capitano

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:28:31 PM »
I suggest you (and your buddies) each write in for tickets NOW. Forget e-mail. And, while you're at it, prepare for a loooooooooong campout the day/night before. The lines have been significantly longer of late, and they're only going to get worse as the end approches.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:33:25 PM by joe_capitano »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' post=\'145521\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 05:28 PM\']
The lines have been significantly longer of late, and they're only going to get worse as the end approches.
[/quote]
It's statements like this that are making me giggle about this whole thing.

/we're all gonna DIE!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:56:47 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvrandywest

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »
There was an uber-fan at TPiR-Live today who was asking if I had any further information about Bob's last tape date, other than the June 6th date that he was already aware of. He's fully planned his trip to 33 for the Barker swan song. I think Beverly and Fairfax will be invaded that week with far greater efficiency than our Iraq invasion... these folks will have an exit strategy!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:51:06 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

dzinkin

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 08:53:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'145531\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 08:50 PM\']
I think Beverly and Fairfax will be invaded that week with far greater efficiency than our Iraq invasion... these folks will have an exit strategy!
[/quote]
I dunno, Randy.  Considering the prophecies of doom we've been hearing, and the fact that at least some of the same members already pray facing Beverly Boulevard, the producers may need an "exit strategy" to pry some of the fanb0iz from their seats.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:53:54 PM by dzinkin »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 08:57:32 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'145531\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 07:50 PM\']
There was an uber-fan at TPiR-Live today who was asking if I had any further information about Bob's last tape date, other than the June 6th date that he was already aware of. [/quote]

My God!  I just realized this gives a whole new meaning to D-Day!
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:02:48 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'145533\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 08:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'145531\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 07:50 PM\']
There was an uber-fan at TPiR-Live today who was asking if I had any further information about Bob's last tape date, other than the June 6th date that he was already aware of. [/quote]

My God!  I just realized this gives a whole new meaning to D-Day!
[/quote]

Maybe B-Day?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

vtown7

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 10:45:01 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'145531\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 08:50 PM\']
There was an uber-fan at TPiR-Live today who was asking if I had any further information about Bob's last tape date, other than the June 6th date that he was already aware of. He's fully planned his trip to 33 for the Barker swan song.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]

Okay... fess up... which one of us is in Vegas right now?

R.

TimK2003

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'145531\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 09:50 PM\']
I think Beverly and Fairfax will be invaded that week with far greater efficiency than our Iraq invasion... these folks will have an exit strategy!
[/quote]

A good "exit strategy" would be to avoid the Fairfax Avenue exit off the 10-Santa Monica Freeway completely.  La Cienga and La Brea are your better bets that week.  

Now if you're coming off the 101-Hollywood Freeway, thats a bit trickier...  :-P

joe_capitano

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 04:25:56 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'145529\' date=\'Feb 7 2007, 05:44 PM\']It's statements like this that are making me giggle about this whole thing.[/quote]
Well, it's true. You know the show attracts a bit of a walkup. It's now much larger than normal, and the campouts have been starting earlier. In fact, the possibility has circulated that CBS may cut off group bookings to accomodate those individuals who want to attend. NOT official yet, but a possibility.

You think this might happen if Barker weren't so popular and/or respected? Nope.

I agree it's a bit crazy, but one must expect this since his taping days are numbered - now under 50 and counting. People just want to see the man before the guard changes. Thus, if you plan to go, it's best to get those tickets in hand and be prepared.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 04:27:45 AM by joe_capitano »

clemon79

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 11:32:56 AM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' post=\'145586\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 01:25 AM\']
Well, it's true. You know the show attracts a bit of a walkup. It's now much larger than normal, and the campouts have been starting earlier. In fact, the possibility has circulated that CBS may cut off group bookings to accomodate those individuals who want to attend. NOT official yet, but a possibility.
[/quote]
Not my point in the least. You TPiR fanb0iz, whether you realize it or not, are talking about this like the world is literally ending. You just did it yourself up there. Y'all have been playing this card since this announcement was made, despite the insistence of your de facto leaders that y'all aren't overobsessed in the least. So it's amusing to me to watch because it's proving that I was 100% dead right.

/I'm making spaghetti tonight!
//and upgrading my MAME system with hand-me-down parts in the next week

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' post=\'145586\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 04:25 AM\']
I agree it's a bit crazy, but one must expect this since his taping days are numbered
[/quote]
There is something morbidly spooky about this comment.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

joe_capitano

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'145600\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 08:32 AM\']Not my point in the least. You TPiR fanb0iz, whether you realize it or not, are talking about this like the world is literally ending.[/quote]
I got your point - and my blood is boiling now. Let the record show I am (caps for emphasis) NOT, NEVER WAS, NEVER HAVE BEEN, NOR EVER WILL BE A "FANB0IZ". I merely pointed out what others have experienced of late. That's all.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 05:35:08 PM by joe_capitano »

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 05:55:59 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' post=\'145652\' date=\'Feb 8 2007, 02:32 PM\']
I got your point - and my blood is boiling now.
[/quote]
Oh dear. I'm in for it now.
Let the record show I am (caps for emphasis) NOT, NEVER WAS, NEVER HAVE BEEN, NOR EVER WILL BE A "FANB0IZ". I merely pointed out what others have experienced of late. That's all.
Sadly, as you are about to find out, the record shows otherwise.