Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND Plug & Play  (Read 2360 times)

Bob Zager

DoND Plug & Play
« on: January 07, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »
Not only did I see the game at Walmart yesterday evening, but the shelf was overstocked with it!

I didn't buy the game, but looking at the packaging, I see the graphics are similar to 8-bit Nintendo technology (no surprise), featuring an animated version of Howie Mandel & models, and the handheld controller is shaped like a briefcase, which looks like it closes up when not in use.

It was quite a surprise to see it, only about three/four months after the announcement it was coming out, since Jakks Pacific's WoF came out about a year after it was first announced, and their J! plug and play still isn't out (but looks like it will be this year).

TheGameShowGuy

DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »
I picked it up last week...

Hastin

DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:28:30 PM »
Anyone have any pictures of the device/screenshots of the game? Our Walmart doesn't seem to have it yet.
-Hastin :)

BrandonFG

DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 09:36:18 PM »
It's an eBay sale, but still a shot nonetheless.[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'142529\' date=\'Jan 8 2007, 09:28 PM\']
Anyone have any pictures of the device/screenshots of the game? Our Walmart doesn't seem to have it yet.
[/quote]
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Bob Zager

DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 04:35:35 PM »
Here is a link to a view of the device out of package:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070108/20070108005694.html?.v=1

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »
I've never forgiven Jakks since they shelved their plans to do a Midway/Williams/Atari Games joystick that was gonna have Mortal Kombat, Spy Hunter, Rampage, Joust, Defender, Stargate (they call it Defender II now for reasons of copyright, but it's Stargate), Robotron: 2084, Marble Madness, Smash TV, Super Sprint, and Paperboy. (They just did the MK one solo.)

Yeah, most (if not all) of those are on the first Midway compilation for the major consoles, but I would have totally paid for that. Espeically since Xbox Live screwed up Joust.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 04:56:36 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Hastin

DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 06:41:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'143257\' date=\'Jan 14 2007, 01:35 PM\']
Here is a link to a view of the device out of package:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070108/20070108005694.html?.v=1
[/quote]

I generally don't call GS things 'cute', but the DoND TV game is 'cute'. Especially with it's red button and handle shaped plastic.

FYI, there's a high resolution shot as well (that looks absolutly horrible!)
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:03:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'143272\' date=\'Jan 14 2007, 03:41 PM\']
I generally don't call GS things 'cute', but the DoND TV game is 'cute'. Especially with it's red button and handle shaped plastic.
[/quote]
The Jakks people hit both ends of the spectrum with that....they either make something completely adorable (the DoND game, WoF, the Atari products, or the new wireless rev of the Ms. Pac Man stick), or something utterly hideous (most of their products based on cartoon licenses).
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dazztardly

DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 09:45:49 PM »
I just picked up the Deal or No Deal plug n play. It includes music, sfx, and voice of Howie. The graphics are meh, but the gameplay and additional features make up for it.

There are four bonus rounds included, that can be played either by the main menu or after you play a game of DoND[money won in the bonus game, is then added to your main game total].

"Lucky Case" - Five random dollar values are concealed behind five cases. Pick one and you win that amount.

"Money Trail" - 16 cases are shown on screen. You have to memorize a pattern of the 16 cases opening in a random sequence. Repeat the pattern back, and you win the money amounts per case you open correctly.

"High-Low" - 26 cases are on screen. You pick one, it's money amount is revealed. Then you select another, and determine whether the revealed dollar amount or the concealed dollar amount is higher. If you pick correctly, you win the amount assigned to the case you selected. Later rinse repeat for the remaining cases until eiither you goof up or clear the board.

"Banker's Bust" - 26 cases are on screen. 16 have money amounts, 10 have "bankers". Pick a case...find a money amount, it is yours if you decide to quit -or- risk it to search for more money and build your total higher. Find the "Banker", then you lose. Keep playing until you uncover the 13 money amounts or you find a "banker".

Overall, it's a cute novelty.

-Dan Berger
FLASHGames²
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:19:05 AM by dazztardly »

MikeK

• Martha!
DoND Plug & Play
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 09:31:22 PM »
While out and about tonight, I found the Deal Jakks game at a Wal-Mart.  The price at this Wal-Mart blew me away--$13.  I've seen non-clearance Jakks games that low one time in the 2+ years I've shopped for them, and that was the day after Thanksgiving this past year at Target.

On the topic of game show/trivia adaptations, Kohl's has discounted their game tins by 50%.  Included in this are Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune for Kids, and Deal.  Kohl's also has the Buzztime interactive games marked down 90% (you read that right, 90% off); the main system is $11 while the "accessory pack" (2 controllers and 2 game cartridges) are $6.  The two Kohl's stores I went to tonight each had a healthy supply of the accessory packs but none of the systems.