Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Family Feud'  (Read 3484 times)

The Pyramids

'Family Feud'
« on: January 11, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:21:43 AM by PaulD »

Jimmy Owen

'Family Feud'
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
FF will continue.  Both Variety and Broadcasting & Cable have stories on the renewal today.  It had been previously announced that a different distributor (Debmar-Mercury) would be handling syndication sales for the new season.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

itiparanoid13

'Family Feud'
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »
A posting on BuzzerBlog?  PLEASE do not smear my site.  We've built up a large fanbase, I don't need you destroying it.  Some person left a comment and misunderstood the idea when Feud was sold.  It was left in a tiny comment.  It was not a post.  Not a post.  No writer put it up.  

I am begging you, comments are there for the people to talk back and converse about news.  They are not fact.  We'll post news/rumors as actual posts and that is it.  It was a comment and nothing more and I cannot stress that enough.  I don't know how else to say it besides unless it's a major posting, it's not anything really.  I just got back a few minutes ago and saw an IM about this.  Apparently I got here at the right time and have some deletion to do.

Here's the comment from the main site in full...

"Name: Adam | E-mail: adamjk2005@yahoo.com | IP: XX.XX.XXX.XXX

Someone mentioned Fremantle losing Feud next year, does that mean it’s being canned?"

It's gone now and a little post to stop the people from what Paul up there just did for some bizarre reason is going up shortly.  

Wow, just wow, Paul.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:16:03 PM by itiparanoid13 »

dzinkin

'Family Feud'
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 07:22:05 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'142932\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 07:13 PM\']
Here's the comment from the main site in full...

Someone mentioned Fremantle losing Feud next year, does that mean it’s being canned?"
[/quote]
And the bowler's perfect losing streak continues...

itiparanoid13

'Family Feud'
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 07:23:25 PM »
I wasn't involved in this forum really when he was around, so I have no idea who he is, but I've heard bad things.  I didn't know if this was his email address or not, I should have checked.

dzinkin

'Family Feud'
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 07:40:15 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'142934\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 07:23 PM\']
I wasn't involved in this forum really when he was around, so I have no idea who he is, but I've heard bad things.
[/quote]
Adam Kleist in a nutshell: "I believe everything I'm told unless it's from a legitimate source, I should be allowed to post anything I want even if it's irrelevant or incorrect, I don't have to pay attention to anything except my own posts, and it's always someone else's fault."

If you feel a compelling need to see the evidence for yourself, just go through the posts from "adamjk."

I didn't know if this was his email address or not, I should have checked.
Please don't think I'm blaming you for not knowing him -- having dealt with him far too many times, it's probably better that you don't.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:41:42 PM by dzinkin »

itiparanoid13

'Family Feud'
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »
I didn't think you were blaming me at all, but I always feel bad when things happen like this.  I've done all I can to keep stuff like this from happening while keeping the non-censored comment option, which I am still keeping, and I hate to think that anything can tarnish what is a pretty good record Buzzer has after about a year.  However, it's been taken care of, he's banned from the site by IP.

Once NATPE is over, I'll tell you all why this has been just about the worst hour I've ever had on Buzzer.

tvwxman

'Family Feud'
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 08:41:02 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'142940\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 07:52 PM\']
Once NATPE is over, I'll tell you all why this has been just about the worst hour I've ever had on Buzzer.
[/quote]
Wow. In the world of TV News, that's a helluva tease.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Matt Ottinger

'Family Feud'
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 09:39:56 PM »
Not to get all weird about this, but I'm not sure I'm all that thrilled with the tone of YOUR post about this back on Buzzer:
someone on a popular message boards thought that whenever something is posted as a COMMENT, it’s the truth.
I really don't think that's what happened here at all.  The OP simply saw a comment which someone posted (a fair word) on your site.  He told us where he saw it, which is something we always like people to do, and rather than considering it "truth", he asked whether it was true.

Paul's already apologized for an imprecise choice of words, but the difference between a posted comment and a posting (as well as the difference between attributing something to a site as opposed to the site's operators) seems in my mind to fall quite a bit short of the indignity indicated by your comments.

Meanwhile, even outside our borders, Adam continues to haunt us all...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

itiparanoid13

'Family Feud'
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 09:44:56 PM »
I think the main reason I got excited was for

A- A situation we had before

B- This has happened before.  Not on these boards, but at other places.  I've just been getting sick of it.

I do see what you mean and agree.  Again, emotions at the time.  If Paul reads this, I do apologize for my tone.

wheelloon

'Family Feud'
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »
Holy friggin moly. Jumping jahorsafat... >:(

To Alex: I think one of my comments started this mess. If it did, good lord, I didn't mean it as whoever took it. When I made the comment, in the TJW/CL basically dead story, that Fremantle was losing FF next year, I didn't mean it was going off the air. I knew Debnar-Mercury acquired the rights to it, I just meant that FF will not be associated with Fremantle anymore. Lordsy, however could my comment be taken so wrong...

BTW, I just noticed an Adam posted a remark in the comment about FF not being cancelled. I have no idea who this Adam is, but apparently, he's not a popular guy around these parts. I can understand why now...

Again, my apologies, somebody didn't read what I said correctly... :(
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Jimmy Owen

'Family Feud'
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:16:48 PM »
Wait a sec.  Fremantle is still the production company for FF.  They just assigned the syndication rights to Debmar-Mercury from Tribune.

Just a little background on Debmar-Mercury.  One of the execs. is Mort Marcus, who had previously been with such syndicators as Buena Vista, Colex and Samuel Goldwyn.  So while the company is relatively new, stations are familiar with Mr. Marcus.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 10:26:19 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

The Pyramids

'Family Feud'
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 10:29:23 PM »
Lost in all of this is how its good news that the show is comming back.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 10:30:39 PM by PaulD »

BrandonFG

'Family Feud'
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'142973\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 10:29 PM\']
Lost in all of this is how its good news that the show is comming back.
[/quote]
Well, I wouldn't say lost. It's been reported a few times (on this board) that Feud's renewed to 2008.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Johnissoevil

'Family Feud'
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 12:44:36 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'142933\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 07:22 PM\']
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'142932\' date=\'Jan 11 2007, 07:13 PM\']

[/quote]
And the bowler's perfect losing streak continues...
[/quote]

Yep, he's one of dem boyz from da gutter, alright!

ObGameShows:  The only time a bowling buddy should be trusted on  this forum is if it's about him/her having evidence of being a contestant on Bowling for Dollars.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15