Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attending Wheel of Fortune  (Read 1195 times)

bhall96992

Attending Wheel of Fortune
« on: December 27, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »
They're coming to my area in January, and I just received my tickets today. Any suggestions on how early I should be for when the doors open at 10:30. Any other advice you could provide would also be welcome.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 02:07:48 PM »
2AM the day before.  *rimshot*

Seriously, though.  I think showing up between 9:30 and 10 will get you there without too much danger of not getting a seat (they typically give out more tickets than seats).

Since I'm assuming you're the morning group, you might want to bring something to read or listen to while in line.  However, you probably want to take something you wouldn't mind losing, since the queue can get cramped and things can get lost.  When WoF was last in Philly, I was part of the afternoon group, so my entertainment was the last show of the morning group (and the $100,000 win)

One other word of advice, don't blink.  You'll be out by 1PM, most likely.
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 01:42:46 AM »
My experience was going to a "road show" here in Seattle. From what I recall, we got to the convention center at roughly 4:30 or so, and taping started at 7. Once the taping got rolling, there was minimal time for stopdowns, other than between shows. The bulk of the wait was in fact in line. I would echo Joe's sentiments, pack a bag of snacks and amusements.
Travis L. Eberle

wheelloon

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 02:08:19 AM »
I was also at WOF's most recent Philly tapings, in the afternoon. Like the others have said, an hour early should be fine, with how big the arenas are, that I've seen, that the show usually goes to, having enough seats didn't seem to be a problem.

Now, if you have any desire to become a contestant, keep your ears peeled (or whatever your ears do). At my taping, Charlie O announced about 5 or so ticket numbers to appear the next day to try out for a future remote show. I didn't get called *cues bankrupt squeal* but it was all fun, nonetheless. :)
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak