Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 5 not-so-easy questions  (Read 3369 times)

urbanpreppie05

5 not-so-easy questions
« on: September 12, 2003, 02:53:39 PM »
1. What is  the current status of Atilnale al Precio? Who's the host? Was it ever cancelled at one point (I heard it was, but it's apperently running)

2. Was there a TNPIR 94' pilot made?

3. Is there really a \"lost\" season of Davidson Squares?

4. What was the difference between the Convy hosted MG pilot in 1990 to the show it became?

5. Wasn't there a 1990 or so pilot for Sale of The Century?
insert signature here

bricon

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 03:21:52 PM »
2. Was there a TNPIR 94' pilot made?

4. What was the difference between the Convy hosted MG pilot in 1990 to the show it became?

5. Wasn't there a 1990 or so pilot for Sale of The Century?

Two TNPIR pilots, one with Doug Davidson, one with LA weatherman Mark Kriski.

Convy's MG didn't have Match-up, and I think the scoring was different (can't recall now, anyone else remember?)

There was a pilot for Sale Of The Century hosted by Robin Leach within the past 8-10 years, not sure of the exact date.  It was taped in England for the U.S. market, and was strange to see a Jeep with right hand drive on the set!

uncamark

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 03:23:43 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 01:53 PM\']3. Is there really a \"lost\" season of Davidson Squares? [/quote]
Nope--three years of episodes made, three years aired.

SplitSecond

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 03:27:49 PM »
Convy's MG didn't have Match-up, and I think the scoring was different (can't recall now, anyone else remember?)

Three rounds, all six stars playing.  First two rounds were played for one point per match; Round 3 was played for two points per match.

Boy, was it slow.

tommycharles

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 03:34:36 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 02:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 01:53 PM\']3. Is there really a "lost" season of Davidson Squares? [/quote]
Nope--three years of episodes made, three years aired. [/quote]
 As I recall, a fourth \"best of\" season started airing at the beginning of the '89-90 season, but was dropped for lacking ratings. This may account for people remembering a fourth season.

Ian Wallis

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 04:17:16 PM »
As I recall, a fourth \"best of\" season started airing at the beginning of the '89-90 season, but was dropped for lacking ratings. This may account for people remembering a fourth season.

I'm pretty sure that what you're remembering is the summer reruns during the third season.  Instead of just re-airing weeks from the third season during summer 1989, they went all the way back to the first season and picked the best weeks from each season for the summer rerun package.  I think that's the \"best of\" season we're talking about.

Besides, wasn't it September of 1989 when it first appeared on USA?  That would seem to preclude it from still being in syndication.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Brandon Brooks

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 04:47:51 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 02:27 PM\']

Three rounds, all six stars playing.  First two rounds were played for one point per match; Round 3 was played for two points per match.

Boy, was it slow. [/quote]
 Oh, wow... that's MG98.  A two round self contained MG is very painful to watch, IMO.

Brandon Brooks

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 05:29:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 03:17 PM\']
As I recall, a fourth "best of" season started airing at the beginning of the '89-90 season, but was dropped for lacking ratings. This may account for people remembering a fourth season.

I'm pretty sure that what you're remembering is the summer reruns during the third season.  Instead of just re-airing weeks from the third season during summer 1989, they went all the way back to the first season and picked the best weeks from each season for the summer rerun package.  I think that's the "best of" season we're talking about.

Besides, wasn't it September of 1989 when it first appeared on USA?  That would seem to preclude it from still being in syndication. [/quote]
 The episodes of HS ended on a friday in September 1989.  USA picked them up and began airing them the following Monday.  (I believe it was 9-8 and 9-11)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ChuckNet

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2003, 05:21:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure that what you're remembering is the summer reruns during the third season. Instead of just re-airing weeks from the third season during summer 1989, they went all the way back to the first season and picked the best weeks from each season for the summer rerun package. I think that's the \"best of\" season we're talking about.

Did they start w/the first aired week? That's the intro clip they show following John's \"Join us on Mon, when our stars will be...\" on the last ep, unless that was just edited in by USA for the reruns (the finale copy floating around is from USA).

Chuck Donegan (The Curious \"Chuckie Baby\")

zachhoran

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2003, 07:20:57 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 04:21 PM\']

Did they start w/the first aired week? That's the intro clip they show following John's "Join us on Mon, when our stars will be..." on the last ep, unless that was just edited in by USA for the reruns (the finale copy floating around is from USA).

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 The first aired week of reruns in Summer 1989 was the premiere week. When USA started showing Davidson Squares, they started with the 1988-89 season premiere.

Don Howard

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2003, 11:04:46 PM »
There was a pilot for Sale Of The Century hosted by Robin Leach within the past 8-10 years, not sure of the exact date. It was taped in England for the U.S. market, and was strange to see a Jeep with right hand drive on the set!

Plus, as I recall from my reading this at the other place, there were no instant bargains.

PeterMarshallFan

5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2003, 07:46:37 PM »
According to Google reports, the Robin Leach-hosted $otC pilot was 1997.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 07:46:46 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
5 not-so-easy questions
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2003, 08:49:06 PM »
Info info info on the \"Match Game\" pilot:

* taped October 5, 1989

* Panel: Brad Garrett, Marsha Warfield, CNR, Khrystine Haje, Jerry Van Dyke,  Teri Copley

* Opening featured a circular spinning box similar to the rectangular one from the 70s

* Head-to-Head think was TPIR's \"Make Your Move\"/\"Check Game\"/'\"Cover Up\" cue

* An audience response group returned the result \"it moves too slow,\" and also liked the Audience Match portion. So Match-Up was created for that reason.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck