Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: John O'Hurley, best-selling author  (Read 1158 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
John O'Hurley, best-selling author
« on: November 19, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »
John O'Hurley has penned an anecdotal book about dogs titled It’s Okay to Miss the Bed on the First Jump: And Other Life Lessons I Learned from Dogs. The book has been out for less than 3 weeks and has ranked between 100 and 200 on Amazon's book sales list for at least the last 4 days, and it ranks at #18 this week on the New York Times Best Sellers list among hardcover nonfiction books.

To promote the book, O’Hurley is on a book signing tour. O’Hurley has been in several cities including Providence, RI; Lexington, KY; and this past Friday in Harrisburg, PA. (Sorry if you’re in or near one of those cities.) From the Upcoming Celebrity Book Signings and Events page, here’s where O’Hurley will be in the near future (all times local)…

* Book Revue (New York Avenue) in Huntington, NY; November 20 at 8 PM.
    * Sam’s Club (East Colonial Drive) in Orlando, FL; November 26 at 1 PM.
    * Borders Books (West Sand Lake Road) in Orlando, FL; November 28 at 1 PM.
    * Barnes and Noble (Cobb Parkway) in Atlanta, GA; November 30 at 7 PM.

I was at the Harrisburg signing with Aaron Sica on Friday night. During a pre-signing discussion, Mr. O’Hurley talked briefly about some humorous anecdotes from his book and about his TV roles, from Seinfeld to Dancing with the Stars to the Feud. Also, Mr. O’Hurley mentioned that he will be a father in the near future. Despite driving 5 1/2 hours each way and getting home near sunrise on Saturday morning, I had an excellent time listening to and meeting O'Hurley, plus I caught up with a good friend I hadn't seen in over 8 years.

At the Harrisburg event, O'Hurley said he's stick around until everybody's books were signed.  This might not be the case at every signing.  O'Hurley was also kind enough to pose for pictures with Aaron and I, plus O'Hurley signed a TTTT2K photo for me.  Images from the event are on both Aaron's LiveJournal and mine.  For the non-LJers, I might post some images on my site later this evening.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 06:15:09 PM »
Book sales will probably get a bump just in time for the holidays when O'Hurley hosts the Dog Show again Thanksgiving day.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

islandbreezes4me

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 06:03:05 PM »
I would love to see the pics but have no idea where your home page is or where aaron's page is either. Can you post a link for them??? Thanks, Sue