Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jim Peck commercial sighting?  (Read 2173 times)

catnap1972

Jim Peck commercial sighting?
« on: October 22, 2006, 09:00:41 PM »
I'm not entirely certain, but I just saw a commercial on TV Land for some sort of AARP/Walgreens prescription discount card in which one of the people in it looked (and sounded like) The Big Falldown host himself (with his wife).  Has anyone else seen it and can confirm (or refute it)?

toddyo

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:54:37 PM »
Confirmed.  Saw it on CNBC today. It's the pear shaped tones of Jim Peck. Looks a little thinner, a little older but the sound is still radiant.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 06:12:05 PM »
I saw the ad on MSNBC last night.  Here it is, in 320x240 WMV greatness.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:12:20 PM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'135379\' date=\'Oct 23 2006, 10:54 AM\']
Confirmed.  Saw it on CNBC today. It's the pear shaped tones of Jim Peck. Looks a little thinner, a little older but the sound is still radiant.
[/quote]
The good news is that it's Jim Peck. The bad news is that he is appearing in anonymity; even die-hard game show fans struggle to identify him. It puts things in perspective for anyone who aspires to a career as a game show emcee. Outside of Bob Barker, Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak and a few others, one has to wonder which personalities known to audiences exclusively through game shows would be recognizable to audiences comprised of non-game-show fans. If you put Jim Perry on the screen without identification, who among non-game-show fans would be able to place him as "former Card Sharks and Sale of the Century host Jim Perry"?

/Feeling too damn philosophical today.
//OK, so slashes come in handy once in a while.

mcsittel

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'135952\' date=\'Oct 28 2006, 06:12 PM\']
The good news is that it's Jim Peck. The bad news is that he is appearing in anonymity; even die-hard game show fans struggle to identify him.
[/quote]

** Agreed.  I had Saturday's WOF rerun on in the background.  The ad appeared during the show, and it was the voice that caught my attention.  Had the sound been turned off I don't know if I would have recognized him.

** I'm guessing since Walgreen's is part of this promo, he must have been in/near Chicagoland?  Didn't he work (or does still) for a Wisconsin based broadcaster?

Matt
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:03:20 PM by mcsittel »

WhammyPower

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 09:29:58 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'135962\' date=\'Oct 28 2006, 08:02 PM\']Didn't he work (or does still) for a Wisconsin based broadcaster?[/quote]
Currently, two.  For one he makes a weekly half-hour "talk show," and for the other he makes a three-hour radio show (but 1/3 of it is national news cut-ins)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:30:06 PM by WhammyPower »