Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Episode online: Make me famous, make me rich  (Read 7770 times)

Speedy G

Episode online: Make me famous, make me rich
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »
Anywho, back to this disaster, where does the "Make me Famous" come in?

There's some sort of poorly-explained promotion involving the higher-price tickets where, through some process, someone playing the Ohio Lotttery will become co-host for up to a year.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

TimK2003

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 10:49:17 AM »
Me thinks the Ohio Lottery has invented a new home improvement tip:

"To get old wallpaper off the walls in your home cleanly and easily, place TV in the center of room, turn on Make Me Famous, Make Me Rich, crank up the volume, and leave the room for 30 minutes."

Where is Jonathan Goodson when you need him???

Vgmastr

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 02:07:27 PM »
Based on the comments in the thread, I thought this would be one of the worst shows I've ever seen.  It was bad, but it was nothing compared to the crap we had for years in Wisconsin with the horribly bad Money Game, followed by an even more terrible Super Money Game.  Not only were both games lame and boring to watch, the production looked like something out of public access.  Terrible for a state lottery show.

ITSBRY

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'134380\' date=\'Oct 13 2006, 10:53 AM\']
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6980157543399013237
It's....different. lol
[/quote]

Joan...the Supreme's called. They want their hairstyle back. :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 12:01:32 PM by ITSBRY »

chad1m

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 12:22:19 PM »
Is it just me, or was anyone else hoping that they only saving grace would be a different word to rhyme with "niche" in the theme?

remlap

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »
This makes me glad the UK National Lottery show is 1 vs 100 and that show is bad.

toddyo

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 09:48:57 PM »
Episode two: even worse.   You know, I always thought the worst game show was Regis' game show in the 70's.  This show should be used as an example to all high school television students on how NOT to produce television programming.     Oh, Mills/James Productions out of Columbus, Ohio. They mainly produce trade show presentations....and it shows.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 12:12:22 AM »
The best part is that they had Cash Explosion episodes up, so you can juxtapose the two.  It's like comparing 1979 Card Sharks to 2001 Card Sharks

Among other flaws, Famous/Rich has way too much "game."  Those audience signs look snazzy, though.

I wonder how loud the outcry is to bring back Cash Explosion.
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'134691\' date=\'Oct 16 2006, 09:12 PM\']
Among other flaws, Famous/Rich has way too much "game."  Those audience signs look snazzy, though.
[/quote]
What's it like, talking from a completely different reality than the rest of us?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 01:22:21 AM »
Can't make too much out with these damn glasses; make me see shades of light red everywhere.

Is it faulty to try and find one good thing about the show or am I just not jaded enough to see the forest for the rotting trees?  I mean, you can only say that the show blows in so many different ways.  Might as well say something else.
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 01:44:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'134694\' date=\'Oct 16 2006, 10:22 PM\']
I mean, you can only say that the show blows in so many different ways.  Might as well say something else.
[/quote]
Yes, but most people would say something that was rooted in, you know, fact.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 01:54:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'134691\' date=\'Oct 16 2006, 09:12 PM\']Among other flaws, Famous/Rich has way too much "game."  Those audience signs look snazzy, though.[/quote]I can barely believe my own eyes. I know lottery games have to be devoid of skill and all, but there must be a better way to award cash than plucking ping-pong balls from a drum and picking random amounts from a board. For those who would know such a thing, is California's Big Spin still on the air? Those people know how to put on a lottery show.

[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'134694\' date=\'Oct 16 2006, 10:22 PM\']Is it faulty to try and find one good thing about the show or am I just not jaded enough to see the forest for the rotting trees?  I mean, you can only say that the show blows in so many different ways.  Might as well say something else.[/quote]I like going with a nasally delivered "It stinks!" because it really does. I found ONE interesting thing in 30 minutes of show. Even Inquizition managed to have 60 questions per game. This is just awful through and through, and there's absolutely no reason to pretend otherwise.
Travis L. Eberle

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 08:06:08 AM »
I never, never, NEVER thought I would be saying this but...

Lelani and Michelle, come back...all is forgiven.
insert signature here

toddyo

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 01:01:58 AM »
I'd rather have Paul and Sharon. You atleast would know what you'd get.

I wish the Ohio Lottery would dump Mills/James and go back to the old agency and bring back CEDP, the original version.  The contestants would earn more money than now and give them the 6 minutes of fame versus feeling like I'm watching a carnival barker at Cedar Point or Kings Island. Zero connection with the tv audience.  Bad technique!

LetsGoMets2003

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 10:49:11 AM »
Is that host a bad Mark Mathis impersonator? Gee, he got on my nerves. Besides the fact that the round descriptions were rushed (I didn't even know what the "safe" board was for until it came into play), this was just a waste of my time. Yuck. I feel sorry for the people of Ohio.

James

PS: The theme song blows, too.