Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If "Set Your Life" doesn't fly...  (Read 1524 times)

GS Warehouse

If "Set Your Life" doesn't fly...
« on: August 25, 2006, 11:03:08 PM »
Game Show NewsNet is reporting that ABC is holding a casting call for a new show called Show Me What's You've Got.  From the people that brought us Deal or No Deal, the game where someone could win millions of dollars with little skill involved, comes this new game where someone could win millions of dollars "with very little skill involved", in the words of this press release.  Casting information is contained therein.

Yes, folks, this is the same country with a network that already has a popular late night sketch comedy show that just greenlit an hour-long drama about the drama behind the scenes of a popular late night sketch comedy show, and a half-hour sitcom about the drama behind the scenes of a popular late night sketch comedy show.  No wonder my favorite channel today is OFF.

/stay tuned for We Love to Interrupt
//followed by Game Show Man's Sparring Partners
///next on VBS

itiparanoid13

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 11:11:27 PM »
Yeah, I talked to Endemol sources quite a bit ago.  FOX dropped it and the exact next day ABC picked it up.  So they have Set For Life, Show Me What You Got, and PokerFace/ConTest. The thing that scares me is that they have both DoND clones (Show Me not as much, but still).  They were the forerunners in the game show rebirth a few years back, and they saw that not one Millionaire wanna-be was successful in all honesty.  Why they would overload on the clones is beyond me.

Very little skill is a bit of a stretch too.  At least there are actual trivia questions in Show Me What You Got)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:12:46 PM by itiparanoid13 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 05:08:00 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' post=\'129156\' date=\'Aug 25 2006, 11:03 PM\']
Yes, folks, this is the same country with a network that already has a popular late night sketch comedy show that just greenlit an hour-long drama about the drama behind the scenes of a popular late night sketch comedy show, and a half-hour sitcom about the drama behind the scenes of a popular late night sketch comedy show.  No wonder my favorite channel today is OFF.
[/quote]
Umm...what's so bad about that. Both shows actually look mildly interesting. It's not like this is the first show based on behind-the-scenes of TV.

If you're going to hate TV, I don't think it should be because of those two upcoming shows.

/"According to Jim" on the other hand...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GS Warehouse

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'129196\' date=\'Aug 26 2006, 05:08 AM\']Umm...what's so bad about that. Both shows actually look mildly interesting. It's not like this is the first show based on behind-the-scenes of TV.

If you're going to hate TV, I don't think it should be because of those two upcoming shows.[/quote]I'm not dumping Haterade on the shows.  I'm just pointing out the lack of creativity.  If Studio 60 has anything going against it, it's the fact that it's up against CSI: Miami.  And given a weak field aside from Dancing with the Stars, 30 Rock could surprise a few people.

...is one show I've named in my Allison LaPlaca Open entry.  For those wishing to enter, the deadline is Thursday.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 03:59:04 PM by GS Warehouse »

The Great EZE

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 12:53:30 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'129196\' date=\'Aug 26 2006, 04:08 AM\']
If you're going to hate TV, I don't think it should be because of those two upcoming shows.

[/quote]

A-GAIN with the According to Jim?  Really!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 03:05:36 PM »
[quote name=\'The Great EZE\' post=\'129219\' date=\'Aug 26 2006, 09:53 AM\']
A-GAIN with the According to Jim?  Really!
[/quote]
Really.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe