Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cross-Wits  (Read 3359 times)

pwadanny

Cross-Wits
« on: September 10, 2003, 11:29:35 AM »
Why doesn't anyone on Wheel care to mention legendary game show Host/announcer Jack Clark?  I know that Chuck Woolery would have mentioned him, if he were still hosting the show.

If anyone cares to mention further on this topic, please do so.

Cross-Wits Fan Page

zachhoran

Cross-Wits
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 11:36:36 AM »
[quote name=\'pwadanny\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 10:29 AM\'] Why doesn't anyone on Wheel care to mention legendary game show Host/announcer Jack Clark?  I know that Chuck Woolery would have mentioned him, if he were still hosting the show.

If anyone cares to mention further on this topic, please do so.

Cross-Wits Fan Page [/quote]
 Jack passed away in the SUmmer of 1988 from Cancer. Jack had a six or seven year tour of duty on Wheel. On the GSN rerun that aired last Saturday(the 9/5/88 premiere of the sixth nighttime season), Pat paid tribute to Jack, who had then died about a month earlier. Charlie O announced WOF for most of the Woolery years, Jack mostly announced in Pat's early years as host. Charlie is probably the more identified announcer with WOF, having been back as announcer since early 1989(MG Kelly who is currently being heard on the GSN reruns didn't really have the voice for game show announcing as he has for radio, hence why Charlie O. came back to replace him)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Cross-Wits
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 11:49:25 AM »
[quote name=\'pwadanny\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 08:29 AM\'] If anyone cares to mention further on this topic, please do so.

Cross-Wits Fan Page [/quote]
 Your page is horribly broken.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Skynet74

Cross-Wits
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 12:14:12 PM »
Wow... I'm going to go check that fan page out. Cross-Wits is my most missed game show of all time. I used to always make sure I was home at 7:00 PM to watch it. Anyone who is a fan of Cross-Wits is allright by me!

John
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 12:15:14 PM by Skynet74 »

Don Howard

Cross-Wits
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 04:39:17 PM »
Why doesn't anyone on Wheel care to mention legendary game show Host/announcer Jack Clark?

When is someone supposed to mention it on the show? Jack's been gone for fifteen years. In between the calling of letters, is Pat supposed to call for a moment of silence in tribute to Jack?
When Pat was on Larry King Live a year or so ago, someone did call and ask what happened to Jack and Pat spoke volumes of positive words about him and said how much he was missed, but also made it clear that Charlie does a terrific job and they're thrilled to have him.

AH3RD

Cross-Wits
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 09:40:41 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 10:49 AM\'] Your page is horribly broken. [/quote]
 Yeah, where are the pictures?
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

Skynet74

Cross-Wits
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 10:50:13 AM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 09:40 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 10:49 AM\'] Your page is horribly broken. [/quote]
Yeah, where are the pictures? [/quote]

Your version of the Cross-Wits theme was very cool. I was waiting to hear the rest of the song but unfortunately there wasn't a rest. I assume that you just didn't know how the rest of the theme went since you just looped the most familiar part. It's still very cool though.

John

BrandonFG

Cross-Wits
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 10:51:20 AM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 08:40 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 10:49 AM\'] Your page is horribly broken. [/quote]
Yeah, where are the pictures? [/quote]
 On my comp., I at least got pics of the three logos.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Cross-Wits
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 11:43:59 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 11 2003, 07:51 AM\'] On my comp., I at least got pics of the three logos. [/quote]
 Yes, but half of the links were broken, and the information there was spartan at best. No way would I go live with a page like that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe