Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FL Comcast News (On topic)  (Read 1674 times)

gamed121683

FL Comcast News (On topic)
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:47:40 AM »
For all you Florida game show fans in Broward County, this news is for you. I e-mailed Comcast today about whatever happened to GSN on the basic cable package. It has been nothing but snow the past couple of days. They wrote me back with this reply:

"Effective June 06, 2006 the Game Show Network is no longer in the Standard Cable package.  This channel has been moved to the Digital Classic package on channel 179. This package is available for an additional $9.95 per month."

The then went into a list on what channels you get in there "digital classics" pacakage. Knowing my folks aren't going to shell out the extra dough-- au revoir, GSN!

I'm not sure if this affects those who have Comcast in Miami-Dade (whose channel lineup is virtually identical to Broward's) but for Broward if you can cough up the extra cash, your luckier than I am.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 11:44:41 AM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' post=\'120672\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 07:47 AM\']
The then went into a list on what channels you get in there "digital classics" pacakage. Knowing my folks aren't going to shell out the extra dough-- au revoir, GSN!
[/quote]
So strike a deal where you pay them the extra $10 a month, if you really want it that badly.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »
Perhaps you could call them up and complain about GSN moving to a different tier, and threaten to move to satellite. It's a very easy way to save some money on your bill and get some stuff either discounted or free for a short while. They may give you a promo on it where, at least, GSN would be free for a couple months.

Doing that slashed my cable internet for a year, and cut my cable bill by like $30 for six months..

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'120683\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 10:38 AM\']
Perhaps you could call them up and complain about GSN moving to a different tier, and threaten to move to satellite. It's a very easy way to save some money on your bill and get some stuff either discounted or free for a short while. They may give you a promo on it where, at least, GSN would be free for a couple months.
[/quote]
Based on the statement "my folks aren't going to shell out the extra dough", I have to question whether he has the financial clout with the cable folks to make that sort of threat.

14gameshows

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'120693\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 02:39 PM\']
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'120683\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 10:38 AM\']
[/quote]
Based on the statement "my folks aren't going to shell out the extra dough", I have to question whether he has the financial clout with the cable folks to make that sort of threat.
[/quote]

clemon79 gets LINE OF THE DAY!

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' post=\'120694\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 11:41 AM\']
clemon79 gets LINE OF THE DAY!
[/quote]
And you, sir, receive the Daily "Wow."

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 02:56:19 PM »
You could ask for an increase in your allowance and just give it back to your folks when you've saved enough to cover the monthly cable fee.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:57:38 PM »
Doesn't hurt to give them a call...when Mediacom moved GSN to the bottom tier possible in our area...I was on the phone complaining...and ended up getting 6 months of free service in that package.  (Interestingly, GAS is #231 here, while GSN is #258).
--Mark
Phil 4:13

KWJCDon

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 09:45:20 PM »
I live in Key West (Monroe County) and we have Comcast here as well. So far, it is still on channel 49. I believe that our channel lineup is very similar to Dade and Broward. I sure hope they don't move it again on us!

Don