Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Marathon Commercial during Survivor Reunion Show  (Read 43497 times)

Don Howard

Game Show Marathon Commercial during Survivor Reunion Show
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2006, 12:16:45 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'119640\' date=\'May 28 2006, 11:55 AM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'119634\' date=\'May 28 2006, 09:44 AM\']
Show of hands, please. How many of us are simply going to watch these shows and bask in the game glow without critiquing the flow of the chase lights, et. al.?
[/quote]
Ask Mr. Owl.   :)
[/quote]
Doug says 3. Higher or lower than 3? Uh oh. This is an educated guess question. And the Bob Eubanks-hosted edition of Card Sharks used educated guess questions. Dear God (or is it G_d?) , have mercy on me.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2006, 02:23:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'119634\' date=\'May 28 2006, 07:44 AM\']
Show of hands, please. How many of us are simply going to watch these shows and bask in the game glow without critiquing the flow of the chase lights, et. al.?
[/quote]
If I had six hands, they would ALL be up right now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2006, 02:31:01 PM »
You kidding me? A new game show with no techno theme song and no plumbing all over the set? Hell yes, I'll enjoy it!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 02:31:25 PM by whoserman »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2006, 02:37:38 PM »

...and bring back some fond memories of when these shows regularly dotted the schedule, no doubt  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2006, 03:07:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'119641\' date=\'May 28 2006, 11:16 AM\']
Doug says 3. Higher or lower than 3? Uh oh. This is an educated guess question. And the Bob Eubanks-hosted edition of Card Sharks used educated guess questions. Dear God (or is it G_d?) , have mercy on me.
[/quote]
Whoops--I forgot about my level of competition.  

/as long as this isn't the one-question sudden death round, I'm fine.  
//otherwise, it's off to the land of lovely parting gifts for me.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:07:51 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

bwood

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2006, 03:17:24 PM »
It looks like they will be doing educated guess questions with Card Sharks, and that's fine with me. I kind of like that they're taking a few versions of the show and mixing them together (at least they're using the good versions to mix). Sometimes in the case of a revival, the new show had a few elements that would have worked on the old one (sometimes). Now we'll kind of get to see what it was like to have the "out of these 10 people" questions on Perry's version. It could be worse, they could have mixed in all versions of the show, then with CS we'd get a few cheesy a** clips and a bunch of sexual innuendo. MG could have been 98'-ized, Family Feud 99'-ized and so on.
These days with game shows I'll pretty much take anything I can get as long as it's good. With retro being in I knew something like this had to come out sometime. I can see GSN picking up the reruns on this like they did with Game Show Moments Gone Bananas.
I hope it doesn't happen, but if it doesn't do so well on CBS, or if they decide to pass on another set, do you think GSN could pick up the rights to make another series? Personally, I don't think it would be so bad with regular contestants as the contenders if GSN didn't want to pay for celebs (save for Match Game).
Still, I am really excited and get more excited as we get closer to the premiere (and especially after the clip on The Late Late Show). I'm hoping this takes off, and I'm happy that these classic shows can get some new exposure on major network tv, especially to the younger crowd who doesn't know of some of it. Plus, maybe we can see some GOOD revivals from now on. Maybe they'll learn you can't mess with the classics.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »
Anybody know why Tim Meadows isn't profiled on the Official CBS site?

Douglas

clemon79

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2006, 03:40:24 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'119658\' date=\'May 28 2006, 12:17 PM\']
Now we'll kind of get to see what it was like to have the "out of these 10 people" questions on Perry's version.
[/quote]
Wow?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2006, 05:59:37 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'119661\' date=\'May 28 2006, 12:40 PM\']
Now we'll kind of get to see what it was like to have the "out of these 10 people" questions on Perry's version.
[/quote]
Wow?
[/quote]
Hey, it's positive enthusiasm. If it's making bwood look forward to the shows, then whatever floats his boat, I say.

bwood

« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2006, 06:05:03 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'119669\' date=\'May 28 2006, 05:59 PM\']
[/quote]
Wow?
[/quote]
Hey, it's positive enthusiasm. If it's making bwood look forward to the shows, then whatever floats his boat, I say.
[/quote]

This specifically isn't making me look forward to the shows, it's the whole idea and execution in general. I just think it's kind of neat that we will get to see Perry's version mixed with a little of Eubanks' version, that's all.

clemon79

« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'119670\' date=\'May 28 2006, 03:05 PM\']
[/quote]

This specifically isn't making me look forward to the shows, it's the whole idea and execution in general. I just think it's kind of neat that we will get to see Perry's version mixed with a little of Eubanks' version, that's all.
[/quote]
Whatever floats his boat, indeed, but I'm sticking with "Wow." :)

BrandonFG

« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'119670\' date=\'May 28 2006, 06:05 PM\']
[/quote]
Wow?
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
For all I care, they could do the show on an art easel with slots for the cards, and wrap a string of Christmas lights around the easel. As long as it's done competently, I'll watch it.

/Competent=the opposite of the 2001 version.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bwood

« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2006, 07:04:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'119672\' date=\'May 28 2006, 06:12 PM\']
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'119670\' date=\'May 28 2006, 03:05 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Whatever floats his boat, indeed, but I'm sticking with "Wow." :)
[/quote]

Then "Wow" it shall be, and my boat is floating.

I'm sorry that I'm so much of a game show fan that I look forward to little things like this. You're talking to the guy whose senior pictures in high school were done with his game show home game collection a few years back.
But, like a lot of others are saying, I really don't care. I'm not going to nitpick at every single imperfection like some will. I'm just glad it's on!

clemon79

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2006, 08:00:28 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'119677\' date=\'May 28 2006, 04:04 PM\']
I'm sorry that I'm so much of a game show fan that I look forward to little things like this.
[/quote]
No need to be sorry, I just completely fail to see what is so exciting about seeing a certain type of question asked on a slightly different set. Hence, "wow." :)

If it keeps your boat afloat, more power to ya. :)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2006, 12:44:40 AM »
I'm puzzled why the folk at CBS declared that Card Sharks needed new question types in the first place. What's wrong with "To take control of the cards, you must win a toss-up question. These questions will see how well you can predict human nature." Knowing the height of the Empire State Building in blocks of cheese does not predict human nature.

I'm all the more interested that Card Sharks is given a chance to be done right, if only for one night, but think the question above is worth asking.
Travis L. Eberle