Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A new "home game"  (Read 4175 times)

DrBear

A new "home game"
« on: August 30, 2003, 12:04:06 AM »
On Friday's \"Late Show\" Dave Letterman introduced the regular edition of \"Will It Float?\" with a copy of the \"Will It Float? home game.

(Wonder if there's a British home game version of \"Is It Buoyant?\")
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Robert Hutchinson

A new "home game"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 12:40:28 AM »
I think we should all applaud Dave for sticking to his guns and not changing the game to \"Celebrity Will It Float?\"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
A new "home game"
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 09:59:56 AM »
He did sort of have a Celebrity episode when they found if Kiva, the Grinder Girl, floated. (She did.)

-Chris, still searching ebay.co.uk for a copy of \"Is It Buoyant?\"
@lambertman

dscungio

A new "home game"
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 10:05:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 11:40 PM\']I think we should all applaud Dave for sticking to his guns and not changing the game to \"Celebrity Will It Float?\"[/quote]
Dave: And now, here's our first celebrity of the night...Calista Flockhart!  (applause)  Contestants, it's time to ask...

Audience: WILL SHE FLOAT?!

(SPLASH!)

Matt Ottinger

A new "home game"
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 12:59:19 PM »
Dave's actually offered the \"Will It Float?\" home game before.  He also has one for his own version of \"Beat the Clock\", and maybe some of his other regular games.  I absolutely want them!

(And I don't think they released \"Is it Buoyant?\" in the UK.  Maybe the show didn't last long enough.)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

snowpeck

A new "home game"
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 02:29:42 PM »
Folks, the home games on Letterman aren't real.  They are just mock-ups that he had the art department put together.  But I guess you already knew that :)

Greg
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 02:33:12 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

drmusic_99

A new "home game"
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2003, 03:14:41 PM »
(groans) So why did you post it?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
A new "home game"
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 03:55:53 PM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' date=\'Aug 30 2003, 01:29 PM\']Folks, the home games on Letterman aren't real.  They are just mock-ups that he had the art department put together.  But I guess you already knew that :)
[/quote]
Considering that all that's inside according to Dave was a list of items (meaning you have to supply the items, the tank, the water, the models, the grinder girl, the hula hoop girl--and it probably wouldn't hurt for you to supply the band, the announcer and the beautiful New York cityscape), I'd say the $30 is well worth it.  :)

Doug--soon to celebrate 100 posts
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

snowpeck

A new "home game"
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2003, 06:26:33 PM »
[quote name=\'drmusic_99\' date=\'Aug 30 2003, 02:14 PM\'] (groans) So why did you post it? [/quote]
 Well, partially for the sake of non-Letterman viewers who might take this post seriously, and partially just to be a smartie :-)

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Adam Nedeff

A new "home game"
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2003, 07:32:04 PM »
An inside source at Endless Games tells me that a \"Millionaire or Kenny?\" game is in development for October release, and, in keeping with cost-cutting measures at Endless, the game will only contain leftover photos from the original \"What's My Line?\" home game, for you and your friends to look at and debate whether the subject is a millionaire or some dude named Kenny.

In addition, \"Is This Anything?\" will be adapted into a VCR home game, but again, cost-cutting is in effect at Endless, and the tape that comes with the game will actually just be a bunch of \"That's Incredible!\" reruns, with \"Is This Anything?\" scribbled over the label.

drmusic_99

A new "home game"
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2003, 08:09:37 PM »
Forgive me... I'm still bitter over their failure to come through with the home game within a home game, \"What About That Guy?\"

ChuckNet

A new "home game"
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2003, 01:09:40 PM »
And I'm still PO'd that I never got my copy of the Dirty Dozens home game after seeing the ad on In Living Color (\"Fun for all ages...but then, that's what they say about your mama!\"). :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

davidbod

A new "home game"
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2003, 11:47:09 AM »
Oh please, not this again. We had four *genuine* enquiries from US viewers asking for details of the British show \"Will it Float?\"
David J. Bodycombe, Labyrinth Games

Author of How To Devise A Game Show

DrBear

A new "home game"
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2003, 12:33:46 PM »
[quote name=\'davidbod\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 10:47 AM\'] Oh please, not this again. We had four *genuine* enquiries from US viewers asking for details of the British show "Will it Float?" [/quote]
 < G.Gottfried > YOU FOOLS! Don't they remember that over there, it was called \"Is It Buoyant?\" :P

(and why do I have to look up the spelling of \"buoyant\" every time I type that?)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
A new "home game"
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2003, 02:15:27 PM »
[quote name=\'dscungio\' date=\'Aug 30 2003, 07:05 AM\'] Dave: And now, here's our first celebrity of the night...Calista Flockhart!  (applause)  Contestants, it's time to ask...

Audience: WILL SHE FLOAT?!

(SPLASH!) [/quote]
 \"Hmm. No, she doesn't seem to float. Of course, the fact that they're holding her under the water doesn't seem to be helping...\"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe