Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmys Friday night  (Read 1315 times)

johnnya2k3

Daytime Emmys Friday night
« on: April 30, 2006, 02:33:27 AM »
In case you didn't know, the Daytime Emmy Awards were last night (4/28), and Jeopardy! once again took the top game show honors for Outstanding Game Show and Host (Alex Trebek, his fourth).

Jonathan Allen

brianhenke

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:14:44 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' post=\'117343\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 02:33 AM\']
In case you didn't know, the Daytime Emmy Awards were last night (4/28), and Jeopardy! once again took the top game show honors for Outstanding Game Show and Host (Alex Trebek, his fourth).

Jonathan Allen
[/quote]

The Outstanding Game Show award was presented during the Creative Arts ceremony last week.

Brian

Lasting expressions?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

rjsbird287

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 10:02:11 PM »
Congrats to Alex Trebek on his fourth Emmy! and Jeopardy!

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »
Let's try this again:

And the awards for "J!" and Trebek were the only game show nods of the night--tech awards were shut out and it looks like directing's been folded into "Special Class," like writing.

Brakus

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 06:56:10 PM »
I heard that there were a lot of technical problems during the show, the show was pretty much a shill for ABC Daytime, and children's programming (most notably the Lifetime Achievement award that Big Bird/Carroll Spinney was shoved to the side) was hardly existent. However, I haven't seen any accounts about these mishaps except on Game Show News Net. Where can I read about all these problems that took place that isn't necessarily hearsay?
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

brianhenke

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 09:00:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' post=\'117481\' date=\'May 1 2006, 06:56 PM\']
I heard that there were a lot of technical problems during the show, the show was pretty much a shill for ABC Daytime, and children's programming (most notably the Lifetime Achievement award that Big Bird/Carroll Spinney was shoved to the side) was hardly existent. However, I haven't seen any accounts about these mishaps except on Game Show News Net. Where can I read about all these problems that took place that isn't necessarily hearsay?
[/quote]

I did tape it. Normally, when someone wins a Lifetime Achievement award, he/she gets on stage, gets a standing ovation, etc. But not Carroll Spinney, who has been on one show for almost 37 years.

SoapNet airs a replay Saturday morning at 9 a.m.

Brian

The Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Mad magazine?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 09:54:24 PM by brianhenke »
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

kav

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 11:15:15 PM »
This year's Daytime Emmys was basically a three hour ABC Soap love-fest.