Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Random MG Questions and J! Request  (Read 3994 times)

Mr. Matté

Random MG Questions and J! Request
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 04:45:12 PM »
Just an update to one of my requests listed:

I've found the the themes used on Jeopardy back in '78; 30-second snippets of the main and contestant intro cues are found here: http://www.geocities.com/tdbq2/test2.html  (The contestant intro is found under J! '84 Pilot 1).  As soon as TQ can get his site back onto Tekcities, well, then... Bed Bath and Beyond will have a lot of business that night. :)

Thanks again for your responses to my MG questions.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Random MG Questions and J! Request
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 11:56:27 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'116157\' date=\'Apr 14 2006, 04:29 AM\']
Robert Morse, who was on MG 74 was the only panelist to blow a question TWICE in one week.
One question was about a monkey going BLANK. The contestant couldn't think of an answer, and Robert tried to help by acting like a monkey. To make matters worse, the panelists said either going APE or going BANANAS, which should've matched, but didn't. They brought the contestant back anyway.
[/quote]

That ep aired last night.  The question actually read:

"Robinson Crusoe said, 'On Wednesday, Friday stuck some fruit in his ear.  On Thursday, Friday went _______.'"

Getting away from the obvious screwing up that Morse did in trying to aid the contestant. . .while I'll grant that "went ape" and "went bananas" are synonymous, is it really fair to match the two since the question said "Friday stuck some fruit in his ear"?  I agree with what the judges did in not matching them (but because of Morse's gaffe, a new question will be substituted and the round begins anew on tonight's episode).

[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'116157\' date=\'Apr 14 2006, 04:29 AM\']
The second time, Robert showed his answer prematurely.
He never appeared on the show again after that week.[/quote]

And I can see why (has that one aired or is that to air tonight)?

Doug -- and the countdown to 1900 continues (actually, it concludes after this)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 11:58:16 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)