Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC Friday Night Schedule Change  (Read 8401 times)

SteveR

NBC Friday Night Schedule Change
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 09:11:07 PM »
And there's a tinge of "Last Comic Standing 3" in this move as well. Tonight is the "championship" cook-off, with the winners from the first 3 nights. There's a national vote after tonight's show, with the winner planned to have been announced in Friday night's show -- during which the three pro chefs would have their own competition.

Did they have any impromptu new ending about how the winner would be determined?

They also axed tonight's final for extra Will & Grace and Earl episodes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 09:29:57 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'116702\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 06:11 PM\']
Did they have any impromptu new ending about how the winner would be determined?
[/quote]
Allegedly the final, at least, is to be available on NBC's website.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 09:34:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116706\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 09:29 PM\'][quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'116702\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 06:11 PM\']Did they have any impromptu new ending about how the winner would be determined?[/quote]Allegedly the final, at least, is to be available on NBC's website.[/quote]
Given the cavalier way that NBC treats their reality shows (they've now got two notable examples of pulling shows before their finals have aired) it's even more amazing to me that they've managed to treat DoND as well as they have.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 09:40:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'116707\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 09:34 PM\']

Given the cavalier way that NBC treats their reality shows (they've now got two notable examples of pulling shows before their finals have aired) it's even more amazing to me that they've managed to treat DoND as well as they have.
[/quote]

Not to mention pulling LMAD in 2003 with two unaired episodes.

SteveR

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 09:41:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116706\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 09:29 PM\']
Allegedly the final, at least, is to be available on NBC's website.
[/quote]
I went there and the show is available. Under the media player is a disclaimer about how circumstances after the show's taping will not allow a phone vote to occur.

NickS

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 09:47:52 PM »
Two things --

It *is* the Miss USA episode, and even though you're correct, Zach, I consider that apples to oranges.  LMaD was not pulling consistent 9s and 10s, IIRC.

Semi-on-topic:  Deal will be going syndie.  'Bank' on it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:48:28 PM by TeppanYaki »

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 10:18:04 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'116709\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 06:41 PM\']
Under the media player is a disclaimer about how circumstances after the show's taping will not allow a phone vote to occur.
[/quote]
Where in this case, the "circumstances" are the ratings eating a tremendous amount of ass. :)

scottua1

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 10:31:03 PM »
Not that anyone here cares, I'm sure, but NBC will be airing the final 2 episodes of 'Showdown' (the ones originally scheduled for tonight and tomorrow) on Saturday night (from 8-10 ET/PT, I believe).

In other scheduling news, Deal has been extended to 2 hours on Monday 5/15. and it will be pre-empted by Dateline the following Friday.

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 10:34:45 PM »
[quote name=\'scottua1\' post=\'116712\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 07:31 PM\']
Not that anyone here cares, I'm sure, but NBC will be airing the final 2 episodes of 'Showdown' (the ones originally scheduled for tonight and tomorrow) on Saturday night (from 8-10 ET/PT, I believe).
[/quote]
So they ARE gonna run now. Hmm.

It might be a fair time-waster if the hockey playoff games are lame at that point. If I don't put my fist through my TV the first time Cindy Margolis says hi to all of her "cyberbuddies".

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 10:39:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116713\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 09:34 PM\']
It might be a fair time-waster if the hockey playoff games are lame at that point. If I don't put my fist through my TV the first time Cindy Margolis says hi to all of her "cyberbuddies".
[/quote]
Didn't NBC kinda hoard the two better hockey games for their own coverage Saturday?

Shame I live in a market without an NHL team.  ;-)

Doug -- and the countdown to 1900 continues
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:40:24 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 10:44:38 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'116715\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 07:39 PM\']
Didn't NBC kinda hoard the two better hockey games for their own coverage Saturday?
[/quote]
Don't particularly care. My Sharks have the night off (they start in Nashville on Friday), and between Center Ice and the inevitable CBC doubleheader, I'm quite sure I'll have a few games to choose from. :)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 10:53:42 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116716\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 09:44 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'116715\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 07:39 PM\']
[/quote]
Don't particularly care. My Sharks have the night off (they start in Nashville on Friday), and between Center Ice and the inevitable CBC doubleheader, I'm quite sure I'll have a few games to choose from. :)
[/quote]
True that (although CBC's doubleheader is only on Friday--you just have Carolina/Montreal [CBC] and Buffalo/Philadelphia [OLN] to choose from for the night games Saturday, which could both be over as COOKING's airing out your way).  

Luckily for me, Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings share channel space on my system (and I would assume on others), so as long as I have MLBXI, I also get hockey.  It helps when I'm not in the "most of the nation"  that will see NY Rangers/New Jersey Saturday.  :)

Doug -- and the countdown to 1900 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 11:01:36 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'116717\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 07:53 PM\']
True that (although CBC's doubleheader is only on Friday--you just have Carolina/Montreal [CBC] and Buffalo/Philadelphia [OLN] to choose from for the night games Saturday, which could both be over as COOKING's airing out your way).  
[/quote]
Really? Hmm. I admit I hasn't seen a playoff schedule yet (aside from San Jose's), and I just naturally figured they would hack it so CBC would get Hockey Night on their regular night. Strange.

Might be a good night to get up close and personal with my Xbox 360, then. :)

calliaume

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 11:12:36 PM »
NBC's programming continues to be an embarrassment and their top daytime personality just jumped ship for another network

Hmmm... this must mean Jeff Zucker's due for another promotion!

mmb5

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 07:45:45 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116718\' date=\'Apr 20 2006, 11:01 PM\']
Really? Hmm. I admit I hasn't seen a playoff schedule yet (aside from San Jose's), and I just naturally figured they would hack it so CBC would get Hockey Night on their regular night. Strange.

Might be a good night to get up close and personal with my Xbox 360, then. :)
[/quote]

CBC will have doubleheaders any night it is not Montreal-Carolina.  They will also make up for this weeks Saturday singleheader with a tripleheader the following Saturday.

--Mike (who lives in Canada for HNIC purposes)
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.