Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 2270 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Deal or No Deal
« on: April 16, 2006, 01:13:04 AM »
Last week, Deal or No Deal was on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (Even though Friday was a repeat). This week, it's only on Friday.

I'm happy that they are back down to once a week. This way they avoid Millionaire's mistake. However, erratic scheduling changes could also be fatal.

Unexpected repeats and schedule changes...What do the rest of you think? Is Deal or No Deal digging its own grave right now?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 01:16:01 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

FOXSportsFan

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 01:36:00 AM »
I could have sworn that I saw a DOND Monday commercial on SNL this evening.

Yeah, I dunno why I was watching SNL.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 01:36:38 AM by FOXSportsFan »

J.R.

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 03:02:52 AM »
Just checked my DVR guide and I can confrim that DoND will be on Monday.

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

GS Warehouse

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:44:58 AM »
This week, DoND is on Monday only, but that's solely because of this Celebrity Cooking Showdown special (ObGS: hosted by Alan Thicke).  It will air over five consecutive nights (a la the December run on DoND), starting tomorrow (Monday) at 9:00 (E/P), then Tuesday through Friday at 8:00.  I'm with the camp that says one-a-week is how NBC should have been handling DoND all along, but consider this.  On Friday, Team Peacock aired a repeat from December and it still recorded a 7.0 fast national rating.  Its chief time slot competitor Ghost Whisperer, also a rerun, was more than two full points back at 4.8.

Seven hundred?  No deal!  I want to see what's in my case...
[font=\"Courier New\"][ 1 5 0 0 ]
[ -POSTS- ][/font]
Yes!  It's my sesquemillennipost!  That's a lot of commentary, insight, and projectiles.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:51:52 AM by GS Warehouse »

scottua1

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 06:35:16 PM »
After this week, DoND will be back to 3-a-week for at least the following 2 weeks (and I assume it'll also continue thru May sweeps).

Jeremy Nelson

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 06:47:15 PM »
Sorry for the false info. I was actually watching Saturday Night Live, and at the end of the episode they plugged next Friday's Deal. Consequently, I assumed that NBC had other plans for Monday and Wednesday.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

FOXSportsFan

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 01:46:10 AM »
I'm of the belief, that bookending your week with Deal is better than just one slot per week.  Three is too many, but a Monday show and a Friday show would work best.  Plugs up enough NBC holes, while not going overkill...I mean hey Howie's making a cool mil to host the show, make him earn it, lol.

tvrandywest

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 11:19:04 AM »
To all of those conjecturing about the scheduling of DoND, try this one on for size:  

The show will cease production  this spring and will not air over the summer.

Yes, it WILL return in the fall.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'116343\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 10:19 AM\']
To all of those conjecturing about the scheduling of DoND, try this one on for size:  

The show will cease production  this spring and will not air over the summer.

Yes, it WILL return in the fall.
[/quote]

Which is the right thing.  As a rule, you save your A reality titles for the regular season (although I'm assuming that there will be a "Dancing With the Stars 3" this summer).

Which leads me to ask--in the UK, the second series of "Strictly Dance Fever" is going now (I assume based on Merv's format--I know it's hosted by Graham Norton)--is "Strictly Come Dancing" strictly (ahem) a fall series now?  I thought that the BBC was doing two a year.

Brig Bother

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 01:27:29 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'116361\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 05:45 PM\']

Which leads me to ask--in the UK, the second series of "Strictly Dance Fever" is going now (I assume based on Merv's format--I know it's hosted by Graham Norton)--is "Strictly Come Dancing" strictly (ahem) a fall series now?  I thought that the BBC was doing two a year.
[/quote]

That seems to be the case. It also ties in with Children in Need then, all the money raised from the phone votes go towards it in November.