Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst case DOnD scenario painfully realized  (Read 4101 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Worst case DOnD scenario painfully realized
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 11:02:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'115620\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 09:23 AM\']
One dollar is not a worst case scenario.  One penny, now that would be the worst case scenario.
[/quote]Joke or not, the fact that you would make a distinction between the worst and second worst case in a game FOR NO MONEY is utterly silly.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 11:34:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'115727\' date=\'Apr 8 2006, 11:02 PM\']
Joke or not.....is utterly silly.[/quote]
Well, yeah, that's why it's a "joke".  Jokes are usually silly.  Humor by exaggeration and all that.

It was clear to me that Jimmy was making fun of the "painfully" serious original post.  Apparently, it would have been more helpful if he had said, "BAD JOKE TIME: One penny, now THAT would be the worst case scenario!!!!!!!! <wink, wink> ROTFL!!! LOL!!! :)  :)  :)  **throws rotten eggs at self** [Just Kidding, Please Don't Flame Me]"

So, Jim, now you know.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 02:30:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'115730\' date=\'Apr 8 2006, 11:34 PM\']So, Jim, now you know.[/quote]
And knowing is half the cliche.

But seriously, folks.

No, wait. Screw seriosity.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 07:30:19 AM »
Everything is okay.  It's reassuring that the internet will never replace human interaction, with the ability to be subtle, vocal inflection,  quizzical looks, etc.  You can't be subtle when you have to telegraph a joke with emoticons.  I'd rather that some people don't get the joke, makes it all the more satisfying for those who do.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 08:50:01 AM »
Answer to Jimmy's signature: catapult.
And just to be safe...   :-)....it's a JOKE....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:47:08 PM by The Ol' Guy »

GS Warehouse

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'115744\' date=\'sig file\']If you have to jump off a cliff to get to your car in the morning, how do you get back to your house at night?[/quote]
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' post=\'115750\' date=\'Apr 9 2006, 08:50 AM\']Answer to Jimmy's signature: catapult.[/quote][color=\"#FF0000\"][X][/color]

Getting back on-topic, I actually did have the $1M case at one point in Ryan Morris's DoND game and spurned all bank offers.  And all it did was it said in regular-sized text that "You won $1,000,000."  No farefare, no WAVs of people celebrating...not even a exclamation point.  (The fact that we have yet to see what a $1M win looks like is beside the point.)

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 03:50:54 PM »
Obvious fact of the day...playing this game on your computer and playing it on TV are like comparing an apple to an orange. If anyone really thinks you'd use the same gameplay strategy in both environments, then you are lying to me, and yourself, and your nose is about to poke someone's eye out.

And to quote Drawn Together, "Uh, DUHHH!!!" (donkey sound/horse teeth) :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 12:00:54 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'115770\' date=\'Apr 9 2006, 12:50 PM\']
Obvious fact of the day...playing this game on your computer and playing it on TV are like comparing an apple to an orange. If anyone really thinks you'd use the same gameplay strategy in both environments, then you are lying to me, and yourself, and your nose is about to poke someone's eye out.

And to quote Drawn Together, "Uh, DUHHH!!!" (donkey sound/horse teeth) :-P
[/quote]
Sing out, Brother! For as interesting the show is as a "what would YOU do?" exercise, it completely falls flat in any medium other than a TV game show. The same goes for "Millionaire."
Travis L. Eberle