Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF and J! preempted in Cincinnati  (Read 4818 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WOF and J! preempted in Cincinnati
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 09:56:07 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLclark86\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 06:32 PM\']I was wondering whether or not anyone would get that Slashdot/Fark/South Park refference.
[snapback]111063[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, yer fine there. Many South Park viewers around here, and at least a couple Slashdotters/Farkers.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

WOF and J! preempted in Cincinnati
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 08:47:38 AM »
Catching up after 18 not-terribly-pleasant hours...

Mr. Melman: No, Mr. Henke isn't moderated.  We try to limit permanent moderated ("perma-mod") status to people who post many messages in multiple threads, since not controlling them leads to repeated disruption of otherwise normal conversations.  Brian doesn't fit the pattern -- he tends to start his own threads instead of inserting himself into threads where he's not wanted (see: Horan, Zach), and he doesn't post anywhere near as often as, say, Adam Kleist did, so while Ignore User is far from perfect it should work decently on the likes of Mr. Henke.

Mr. Lemon: It wasn't so much that we expected Mr. Henke to disappear completely as that we expected him to post less often and try to defend his posts less often; so far that's been the case.  But yes, there are people who honestly believe that I really want to listen to a three-page defense of a one-line post that I didn't approve.  Some of the defenses are entertaining but most are just tiresome.  (One person actually demanded that he be personally notified every time one of his posts wasn't approved so he could rewrite them until they were okay, and then demanded that he be allowed to send me his posts via IM before he submitted them, so desperate was he to avoid having a post rejected.  When told that he wouldn't have posts rejected if he followed the rules, he falsely claimed that he'd never broken them.)

Mr. Horan: The last person who should be commenting on who's liked and who's not, and who's annoying and who's not, is someone who's so desperate to relive his past trolling that, when told that he can't troll, instead refers to ATGS threads in which he trolled.

Mr. PYLClark86: Welcome aboard.  Yes, as Mr. Lemon said, we have numerous South Park fans and at least a few Slashdotters -- at least one of your humble moderators fits both categories (never posted to the latter but I read it frequently).  You should fit in just fine. :-)