Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF and J! preempted in Cincinnati  (Read 4760 times)

brianhenke

WOF and J! preempted in Cincinnati
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:33:55 PM »
Wheel and J! are pre-empted tonight in Cincinnati for coverage of the Cincinnati Auto Show.

Brian

Will Smith played Hutch?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 07:36:29 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 07:33 PM\']Wheel and J! are pre-empted tonight in Cincinnati for coverage of the Cincinnati Auto Show.

[snapback]111035[/snapback]
[/quote]

Because we know the Cincinnati Auto Show is more important than a game show, don't we, Brian :)

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:37:40 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 07:33 PM\']Wheel and J! are pre-empted tonight in Cincinnati for coverage of the Cincinnati Auto Show.

Brian

Will Smith played Hutch?
[/quote]

No flames, just a serious question, and I really would like an answer, although I probably won't get one.

Brian, why do you think anyone outside of Cincinnati would care?

melman1

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:08:01 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 05:37 PM\']No flames, just a serious question, and I really would like an answer, although I probably won't get one.
[/quote]
I thought his posts here were subject to moderator's approval.  If so, WHY is crap like this being approved?  And if not, WHY NOT?

The reason is no doubt the same reason that Henke litters the Internet with crap like "the Cincinnati station joined Letterman 30 seconds late... someone please tell me how he was introduced..."   Even though those posts go totally unanswered, the next time it happens he'll be right there again.

He never explains his motivations; I'm sure he perceives himself to be "special" and entitled to waste time on Mommie's computer like this.

Unless he would like to explain for our benefit...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:08:20 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 08:13:53 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 05:08 PM\']I thought his posts here were subject to moderator's approval.  If so, WHY is crap like this being approved?  And if not, WHY NOT?
[/quote]
Were I a betting man, I would guess that Our Benevolent Moderator In Charge Of Such Things was hoping that with the demise of that idiotic lottery show, Henke would shut the hell up and fade into the woodwork, instead of having to add someone to his list of moderated beings (most of whom complain bitterly (and usually stupidly) in lengthy email threads whenever a post gets denied), which then takes even more time away from actual useful pursuits.

I fear he was incorrect. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 08:45:17 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 08:33 PM\']Wheel and J! are pre-empted tonight in Cincinnati for coverage of the Cincinnati Auto Show.
[/quote]

Children, this is just a reminder: never eat paste.

Brian, please read the following carefully: just because Wheel or J! is preempted doesn't make it something to post in the board. Okay? Please, think before you post.
*Indecipherable screaming*

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 08:47:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLclark86\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 08:45 PM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 08:33 PM\']Wheel and J! are pre-empted tonight in Cincinnati for coverage of the Cincinnati Auto Show.
[/quote]

Brian, please read the following carefully: just because Wheel or J! is preempted doesn't make it something to post in the board. Okay? Please, think before you post.
[snapback]111042[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're fairly new here I take it, so you may not be as familiar as some of us arewith the history of Henke or some other less-than-popular people here. Henke's post in this case is on topic, but matters to only a very small percentage of people on this board(i.e. Ohioans who have Cincy network stations in their viewing areas), which is why some don't like his posting in this manner.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:50:56 PM by zachhoran »

PYLclark86

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 09:00:15 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 09:47 PM\']You're fairly new here I take it, so you may not be as familiar as some of us arewith the history of Henke or some other less-than-popular people here. <Description of Henkeism cut>
[snapback]111044[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, I knew what I was getting myself into. But now we can at least say we tried. No, I was trying to put in something more than a witty remark in order to make SOME worth on this pile of webstuff that Henke spewed. Trust me, I picked up on the dreck that is Henkeism quickly.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 09:02:52 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 06:47 PM\']You're fairly new here I take it, so you may not be as familiar as some of us arewith the history of Henke or some other less-than-popular people here. Henke's post in this case is on topic, but matters to only a very small percentage of people on this board(i.e. Ohioans who have Cincy network stations in their viewing areas), which is why some don't like his posting in this manner.
[/quote]
What the hell did ANY of this have to contribute?

(Yes, I know it's Zach. No need to remind me.)

zachhoran

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 09:04:07 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLclark86\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 09:00 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 09:47 PM\']You're fairly new here I take it, so you may not be as familiar as some of us arewith the history of Henke or some other less-than-popular people here. <Description of Henkeism cut>
[/quote]

No, I knew what I was getting myself into. But now we can at least say we tried. No, I was trying to put in something more than a witty remark in order to make SOME worth on this pile of webstuff that Henke spewed. Trust me, I picked up on the dreck that is Henkeism quickly.
[snapback]111049[/snapback]
[/quote]

People use witty retorts on me when I respond to posts in a certain way, too. I figured you probably figured out who is liked and unliked

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLclark86\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 06:00 PM\']No, I knew what I was getting myself into. But now we can at least say we tried. No, I was trying to put in something more than a witty remark in order to make SOME worth on this pile of webstuff that Henke spewed. Trust me, I picked up on the dreck that is Henkeism quickly.
[snapback]111049[/snapback]
[/quote]
Next step: learning that Horan isn't worth your time, either.

PYLclark86

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 09:17:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 10:12 PM\']Next step: learning that Horan isn't worth your time, either.
[snapback]111055[/snapback]
[/quote]

So that's what the second step is!

Step 1: Post at Invision
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: PROFIT!

<ducks>

Kevin Prather

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 09:22:15 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLclark86\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 07:17 PM\']So that's what the second step is!

Step 1: Post at Invision
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: PROFIT!
[/quote]
That's what Chris initially thought, and look at him now. Destined to eat gazpacho for the rest of his life.

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 06:22 PM\']That's what Chris initially thought, and look at him now. Destined to eat gazpacho for the rest of his life.
[snapback]111057[/snapback]
[/quote]
Pad Thai tonight, actually.

And I think I like the new guy. Anyone who knows when to pull out Slashdot/Fark humor is OK by me. :)

PYLclark86

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 09:32:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 10:30 PM\']Anyone who knows when to pull out Slashdot/Fark humor is OK by me. :)
[snapback]111062[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was wondering whether or not anyone would get that Slashdot/Fark/South Park refference.