Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Card Sharks Thursday" promo  (Read 7548 times)

SteveRep

"Card Sharks Thursday" promo
« on: August 27, 2003, 10:57:42 AM »
Watching Verti-PYL today, the promo for \"Card Sharks Thursday\" had clips of the Jim Perry version, not the Bob Eubanks version that's been on since the current verti-lineup debuted.

Has this always been the case or are we in for a switch?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 11:00:58 AM »
Whenever I've seen the promo, they've always had clips of the Perry version.  This is another one of the anomolies of GSN - quite frequently in the past when they've made promos for a certain show, they'll use clips of the other version in the promo rather than the version they're actually airing.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 11:06:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 10:00 AM\'] Whenever I've seen the promo, they've always had clips of the Perry version.  This is another one of the anomolies of GSN - quite frequently in the past when they've made promos for a certain show, they'll use clips of the other version in the promo rather than the version they're actually airing. [/quote]
 And specifically, a clip of Allison's $3000 MOney Cards win from 1978. Allison also won $11K on Match Game PM a year earlier, and was in the audience for the Maury Povich game show episode from November 1996(featuring Brett Somers, Gene Rayburn, and Peter Tomarken talking about Match Game and other GSN shows)

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 02:23:43 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 10:06 AM\'] And specifically, a clip of Allison's $3000 MOney Cards win from 1978. Allison also won $11K on Match Game PM a year earlier, and was in the audience for the Maury Povich game show episode from November 1996(featuring Brett Somers, Gene Rayburn, and Peter Tomarken talking about Match Game and other GSN shows) [/quote]
 Umm....okayyyy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 08:30:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 10:00 AM\'] Whenever I've seen the promo, they've always had clips of the Perry version.  This is another one of the anomolies of GSN - quite frequently in the past when they've made promos for a certain show, they'll use clips of the other version in the promo rather than the version they're actually airing. [/quote]
 Very true.....In promos for \"Card Sharks\" back in 2000 (when it was on the weekday schedule), they showed clips from the Eubanks version, when it was the Perry version that was still airing on the schedule..

HSquares2003

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 12:19:18 PM »
Hopefully with the new schedule, they can slide the Perry version back on(for the weekends at least anyways).