Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Teresa Strasser  (Read 4097 times)

whewfan

Teresa Strasser
« on: August 27, 2003, 05:39:52 AM »
Teresa Strasser, whom we established has a game show background in writing, and hosted the short lived Lover's Lounge, has left While You Were Out, a sort of Trading Spaces variant with prizes that can be won. She left after 50 shows, saying that while she loved the show, the travelling demands became too much for her. The show's first host, Anna Bocci, mysteriously disappeared after 10 shows, and the WYWO website doesn't even acknowledge her.
Teresa can now be seen as an anchor on E! News (which has a penchant for getting a LOT of close ups of it's anchors, particularly the female). I don't believe this is permanent, but it's nice to see she got a gig for now.

WYWO has already started with a new host, Evan Farmer.  Evan will take some getting used to. Frankly, when I first saw him, I didn't know he was the host. So far, he lacks the \"host\" quality and blended in too much with everyone else.

davemackey

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 07:11:52 AM »
Part of the problem is that Farmer didn't introduce himself as The Host, as everyone else seems to do on these type of shows. (Trading Spaces doesn't really start for me until I hear those four magic words, \"Hi, I'm Paige Davis!\")

Evan is a bit rough. The draw on this show, believe it or not, continues to be the two carpenters, Leslie Segrete (multi talented not only in carpentry but also in textiles and food), and Andrew Dan-Jumbo (the show's pinup boy in the mold of TS' Ty Pennington, and a very good carpenter to boot). The designers are sort of blah, but Chayse Dacoda is nice looking.

And what made this even more trying to watch was that this was the fourth WYWO show that Farmer's done! I shudder to think about the first three.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Teresa Strasser
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 11:44:05 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 04:11 AM\'] (Trading Spaces doesn't really start for me until I hear those four magic words, "Hi, I'm Paige Davis!")
 [/quote]
 You and me both. I can't ABIDE Alex McCloud. The SECOND I notice it's a McCloud episode, WHAMMO, it's deleted from the Tivo and I fire up a Who's Line... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whewfan

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 02:54:08 PM »
I went to Teresa Strasser's website as well. (teresastrasser.com) and she has many details on the shows she did. She also asks the WYWO fans to give Evan a chance.  Incidentally, gone from WYWO is the \"booby prize\" if you get the question wrong. Now, you simply don't get anything.

Another first that happened on WYWO.... one of the guys that was \"out\" caught on, and KNEW that something was not legit. While he didn't let on, the crew acknowledged that he was very suspicious. This means the show has to be a little more creative....maybe hidden cameras?

As for Trading Spaces, that remains my favorite. So many other TS wannabes have surfaced, such as Design on a Dime, Surprise by Design (featuring a designer in the mold of Christopher Lowell) Divine Design (I couldn't stomach that ditz Candace Olsen, all she does is mug the camera and act stupid, everyone else does the work), Designing for the Sexes, and the list goes on.

Matt Ottinger

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 03:19:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 03:44 PM\'] You and me both. I can't ABIDE Alex McCloud. The SECOND I notice it's a McCloud episode, WHAMMO, it's deleted from the Tivo and I fire up a Who's Line... :) [/quote]
 McLeod is quickly becoming a pop culture footnote, given her tenuous connection to two enormously popular bits of television.  She did Trading Spaces before it was \"cool\" AND she was the theoretical \"host\" of \"Joe Millionaire\" despite having about twenty seconds of screen time per episode.  (\"You're all gathered together for another elimination.  Wait here and I'll go get Evan.\")  

Ask anybody who hosted \"Joe Millionaire\" and they'll almost certainly say \"the butler did it\".

Stunningly beautiful young woman, McLeod is, but I have the same reaction to her that I do to Andie MacDowall.  I'd like her a lot better if I didn't have to actually listen to her.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

davemackey

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 07:31:53 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 10:44 AM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 04:11 AM\'] (Trading Spaces doesn't really start for me until I hear those four magic words, "Hi, I'm Paige Davis!")
 [/quote]
You and me both. I can't ABIDE Alex McCloud. The SECOND I notice it's a McCloud episode, WHAMMO, it's deleted from the Tivo and I fire up a Who's Line... :) [/quote]
 Then you probably haven't cared about the last two days worth of shows! The one on Tuesday was taped in Lincroft, NJ, not far from where Robair and I grew up and even closer to where Robair now lives.