Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Foreign Home Games  (Read 29791 times)

chad1m

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 01:06:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'203138\' date=\'Dec 8 2008, 12:51 AM\']I only own the Aussie Temptation...and has been one hell of a $100 investment![/quote]You can't fight the Temptation...

alfonzos

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 05:59:09 PM »
I have mentioned that I own the home version of Japan's Show By. Here is a video from You Tube.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Bob Zager

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:06 PM »
The only foreign home game I have is the part-electronic console/part-boardgame version of Winning Lines from the UK.  It was manufactured by Upstarts, which produced many of the UK's home versions, before being acquired by University Games.

mmb5

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 09:09:33 PM »
Just Countdown, Des chiffres et des lettres (French Countdown) and Definition.  My girlfriend and I played Countdown on New Year's Eve, I may have found a keeper.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

CeleTheRef

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'205561\' date=\'Jan 5 2009, 11:59 PM\']
I have mentioned that I own the home version of Japan's Show By. Here is a video from You Tube.
[/quote]

Since you mentioned "show by", here's a video from the very successful Italian edition.  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wnwGLz_mq30
Here celebrities were split up in two teams, and the best 2 players of the winning team faced off in a final duel.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:30:06 PM by CeleTheRef »

vtown7

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 07:43:43 PM »
Coming soon, the Newfoundland edition: Show B'ye.

Ryan :)

Don Howard

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 07:53:46 PM »
Just two for me: $ale of the Century with Tony Barber on the cover.
+ Il Rischiatutto with host Mike Bongiorno waving on the front.

vtown7

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 08:03:14 PM »
I've picked up over the years Motus Junior (Lingo), Le Maillon Faible (Link), Questions Pour Un Champion (Going for Gold), Des Chiffres et Des Lettres (Countdown) and Fort Boyard (...umm... Fort Boyard) computer games.  I've also got Paquet Voleur.

Ryan.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Foreign Home Games
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »
I managed to receive through EBay the home game for "Bob's Full House" this past week. Its truly bingo lingo and worth the $3 (plus $15 shipping).

RyanCDN

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 03:25:34 PM »
Since Canada is not all that foreign to me, for non US games:

A Kin to Win (Canada)
Reach for the Top (Canada)
Definition (Canada)
Blockbusters (UK)
Super Blockbusters (UK)
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (UK)
Family Fortunes (UK)
Concentration (Australia)

-Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

Matt Ottinger

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
[quote name=\'RyanCDN\' post=\'212465\' date=\'Apr 8 2009, 03:25 PM\']
A Kin to Win (Canada)
Definition (Canada)[/quote]
Wow.  I have three-and-only-three Canadian games, and they're the same three.  Makes me wonder just how much (or how little) else there might be out there.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Foreign Home Games
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
I own only one: The 1982 TPiR home game from the UK.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

gwarman2005

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »
The only one I own is the 1997 edition of Countdown

RyanCDN

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'212467\' date=\'Apr 8 2009, 02:59 PM\']
[quote name=\'RyanCDN\' post=\'212465\' date=\'Apr 8 2009, 03:25 PM\']
A Kin to Win (Canada)
Definition (Canada)[/quote]
Wow.  I have three-and-only-three Canadian games, and they're the same three.  Makes me wonder just how much (or how little) else there might be out there.
[/quote]

That is a good question Matt.  I had sort of fallen out of the loop after being active on the old atgs boards, so I am not completely familiar with who may or may not be in Canada.  From posters names I have seen, I know and Jay and Ryan are both there.  I am not sure if Chris also frequent the board here.  I saw Ryan's post on a few games out of Quebec.  I'll be honest, when  I was collecting heavily in the 90's, I tried my best to search out any Canadian game shows.  Of course, you can imagine that productions were not as numerous as in the US, and often the home games released in Canada were that of US productions.

These are the essential 3 that I learned of.  There were always rumours of a Super Pay Cards home game, I've yet to see or hear of one in a collectors hands.

As you probably noticied from Definition, it says English Version - perhaps there was a French version released in Quebec.

Having said that, I have not seen many of these game around - so like you, I wonder if these are tougher finds or just a source that has not been tapped into yet.

-Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

The Ol' Guy

Foreign Home Games
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 06:41:08 PM »
The producer of The Mad Dash told me that he had been approached concerning a box version of the show, but not until it had pretty well run it's course. I'm always hoping beyond hope that there may have been some versions of the Enright-Barry Canadian shows (such as It's A Match), but if it took almost forever for a company to express interest in the more popular Mad Dash - which would have been only slightly harder to produce than the Video Village board game - I doubt there's a lot floating around up there.