Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed/Dating Game Music Rights  (Read 2844 times)

Argo

Newlywed/Dating Game Music Rights
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:33:42 PM »
I know i asked a question about this before, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any information about the rights for the theme/cues for the Newlywed/Dating Game. I mean, I've heard that some shows cannot be aired, such as Dating Game because of music, but they can botch with the newlywed game music and be able to air that. Seeing this is my first time being able to see the 70s NW game on GSN, i have heard many of the cues dubbed over, and sometimes you can hear the original music under them more than others, but just today realized the main theme has the 97 version of the theme, on top of the original theme. I knew it sounded very echoy but how the trumpet sounds sparked my mind about it. Funny how they can play the almost identical remake overtop of the original and have no problem. And why is this a problem with only these shows, and not shows of G/T or B/E, etc. Also, when were the edits done? Just for GSN, or for earlier syndicated repeats

This may be a very old topic but I very little information. Help?

Thanks
Argo
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 12:57:21 AM by Argo »

uncamark

Newlywed/Dating Game Music Rights
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Feb 6 2006, 08:33 PM\']I know i asked a question about this before, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any information about the rights for the theme/cues for the Newlywed/Dating Game. I mean, I've heard that some shows cannot be aired, such as Dating Game because of music, but they can botch with the newlywed game music and be able to air that. Seeing this is my first time being able to see the 70s NW game on GSN, i have heard many of the cues dubbed over, and sometimes you can hear the original music under them more than others, but just today realized the main theme has the 97 version of the theme, on top of the original theme. I knew it sounded very echoy but how the trumpet sounds sparked my mind about it. Funny how they can play the almost identical remake overtop of the original and have no problem. And why is this a problem with only these shows, and not shows of G/T or B/E, etc. Also, when were the edits done? Just for GSN, or for earlier syndicated repeats
[snapback]109613[/snapback]
[/quote]

I covered it in a thread you started a few weeks ago:

Click here

Read it and understand.