Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR-Live update  (Read 3806 times)

tvrandywest

TPiR-Live update
« on: February 04, 2006, 12:19:56 AM »
I'm convinced that there is nobody in America who doesn't feel like TPiR is part of their lives. After six months in Atlantic City the live show continues to draw up to 1,000 people a day.  The love of the show and Bob Barker are perhaps the only things in common among the diverse members of the crowd, aged 21 to 2,000. Well, some of the seniors seem that old crawling out of the booths and slowly treking down to contestants' row. Some may not remember their kids' names, but they sure know how to play Cliffhangers! The college-aged crowd is well represented, too.

The Palace Theater at Bally's/Claridge is a classic nightclub style theater that may actually best the facilities at Sammy's (Davis) Showroom at Harrah's Reno. I seem to remember some LMAD or HS episodes that originated from the same kind of Vegas-style showroom. It's elegant old-skool - the last modification to this theater was after a wall was torn down to get a car and the TPiR-Live big wheel on stage!

David Ruprecht just wrapped the first of his two week debut as the newest host. Some of our old faves, such as Todd Newton, are next. David is so loved from his years on SWEEP that I'm sure he'll be back soon. Of course, it's been great fun working with him again - especially far away from the turkeys, hams and giant wedges of cheese!

Just midnight ramblings after the Friday late show. I look forward to members of the Big Board family visiting again. As always, drinks are on me - especially after the third, when I start spilling them!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 12:22:41 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

FOXSportsFan

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 01:39:30 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 4 2006, 12:19 AM\']I'm convinced that there is nobody in America who doesn't feel like TPiR is part of their lives. After six months in Atlantic City the live show continues to draw up to 1,000 people a day.  The love of the show and Bob Barker are perhaps the only things in common among the diverse members of the crowd, aged 21 to 2,000. Well, some of the seniors seem that old crawling out of the booths and slowly treking down to contestants' row. Some may not remember their kids' names, but they sure know how to play Cliffhangers! The college-aged crowd is well represented, too.

The Palace Theater at Bally's/Claridge is a classic nightclub style theater that may actually best the facilities at Sammy's (Davis) Showroom at Harrah's Reno. I seem to remember some LMAD or HS episodes that originated from the same kind of Vegas-style showroom. It's elegant old-skool - the last modification to this theater was after a wall was torn down to get a car and the TPiR-Live big wheel on stage!

David Ruprecht just wrapped the first of his two week debut as the newest host. Some of our old faves, such as Todd Newton, are next. David is so loved from his years on SWEEP that I'm sure he'll be back soon. Of course, it's been great fun working with him again - especially far away from the turkeys, hams and giant wedges of cheese!

Just midnight ramblings after the Friday late show. I look forward to members of the Big Board family visiting again. As always, drinks are on me - especially after the third, when I start spilling them!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]109424[/snapback]
[/quote]

I intend to head back in the coming weeks...my question is, how many drinks will it take to convince you and David to head out to the nearby ACME and have a mock sweep?

bellbm

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 01:36:30 PM »
Any idea when this is coming to Vegas?  I was at Ballys in December and saw signs for it, but I can't find anything on their website.

davemackey

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Feb 4 2006, 02:39 AM\']I intend to head back in the coming weeks...my question is, how many drinks will it take to convince you and David to head out to the nearby ACME and have a mock sweep?
[snapback]109427[/snapback]
[/quote]
I vote for the Shop-Rite on Route 30 in Absecon, then we can ring up everything on my Price Plus card and we'll all split the free turkey come Eastertime!

Seriously, Robair and I are gonna visit again real soon.

FOXSportsFan

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 03:07:27 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Feb 5 2006, 02:58 PM\'][quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Feb 4 2006, 02:39 AM\']I intend to head back in the coming weeks...my question is, how many drinks will it take to convince you and David to head out to the nearby ACME and have a mock sweep?
[snapback]109427[/snapback]
[/quote]
I vote for the Shop-Rite on Route 30 in Absecon, then we can ring up everything on my Price Plus card and we'll all split the free turkey come Eastertime!

Seriously, Robair and I are gonna visit again real soon.
[snapback]109516[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, though you don't have a card for them...how about Super Fresh in Cape May Courthouse...every damn person in that store is so friendly.  They'd prolly just slap you on the wrist for knocking over the eggs and running through the aisles and such.

Steve McClellan

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 03:17:38 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Feb 5 2006, 12:07 PM\']They'd prolly just slap you on the wrist for knocking over the eggs and running through the aisles and such.[/quote]
Nope, true to form, they'd penalize you $25 an egg. :-p

Fedya

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 07:41:59 PM »
Randy West wrote:
Well, some of the seniors seem that old crawling out of the booths and slowly treking down to contestants' row. Some may not remember their kids' names, but they sure know how to play Cliffhangers!
Ah, but do they know how to play Check Game?  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

cmjb13

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 10:30:17 PM »
Just got back from TPIR Live.

The showroom is quite interesting. Horseshoe like booths, plus tables. Very similar to Vegas LMAD. I still like the first room at the Showboat best, but this beats their 2nd.

The crew really earned their pay today. The 3pm show had some real stinkers as contestants (Woman who was driving the ball instead of putting for Hole in One & a guy who bid $50 on a card shuffler in Cliffhangers and lost right away) and the audience could have been a bit more enthusiastic, but at least our section tried.

A friend of mine was called up to play the showcase. And in what I believe is a first for this road show, 2 people bid exactly the same price on the showcase, $24,500. Both were under, but not within $100, so both won a fridge. My friend took the cash option ($500) for the prize ($1000+) I won $10 food comp.

There were only 3 people who bid closest to a 1986 dishwasher, me, my friend, and a girl (who also spun the wheel). But since she was closer on the first prize, she was selected to play.

Since my friend had to sign paperwork to claim his prize, we missed out on the opportunity to get photos after the show. However, I would have regretted not getting a photo with Randy & Dave, so we stuck around till the 2nd show was over, got the photos, and bolted home. And if we didn't decide to stick around, I wouldn't have broken even at the Blackjack tables.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:04:19 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

TPiR-Live update
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:16:18 PM »
Great to see you back, Chris. Yes, we had some "interesting" contestants at that afternoon show. The audience was a little less enthusiastic than usual, but then the room wasn't full. Still, a good turnout for a Superbowl Sunday.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:18:17 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com