Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Y'all knew this had to happen....  (Read 3320 times)

weaklink75

Y'all knew this had to happen....
« on: February 03, 2006, 05:07:42 PM »
The Donald is doing a "Deal"...Nothing like cross-promotion, eh?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 05:09:32 PM by weaklink75 »

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 07:02:51 PM »
Look at it this way, at least they haven't done "Celebrity Newsmaker Deal or No Deal." However, I really don't want to jinx it.
*Indecipherable screaming*

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 01:49:17 AM »
Personally, I'd rather have Darrell Hammond impersonating Trump as a special guest.

Hammond as Trump: "Yeah I'll take case 26...open it up, Apprentice, gonna be HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!  HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!  You're fired!"

hobbitrjw

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 09:55:23 AM »
as long as they dont overkill the show with celebrity episodes,cause thats part of the reason Millionare and a couple others died out too..

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 12:13:03 AM »
[quote name=\'hobbitrjw\' date=\'Feb 5 2006, 10:55 AM\']as long as they dont overkill the show with celebrity episodes,cause thats part of the reason Millionare and a couple others died out too..
[snapback]109511[/snapback]
[/quote]

This isn't a celebrity episode, it's a cameo by the Donald. You're reading WAY too much into it.

And Jim, it's a good thing I caught the beginning of your message when I reread it...I was afraid you meant a certain other Hammond for a second (too many beers during the Super Bowl party tends to do that to you)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Feb 5 2006, 11:13 PM\'][quote name=\'hobbitrjw\' date=\'Feb 5 2006, 10:55 AM\']as long as they dont overkill the show with celebrity episodes,cause thats part of the reason Millionare and a couple others died out too..
[snapback]109511[/snapback]
[/quote]

This isn't a celebrity episode, it's a cameo by the Donald. You're reading WAY too much into it.
[snapback]109545[/snapback]
[/quote]

And it's nothing more than when Alex Trebek used to do a walk-on on another NBC game show to plug his new show.  That's all it is.

I would've been expecting NBC to do something like "Howie and The Donald--The Art of the Deal--NBC Mondays" to promote the new lineup.