Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Cheap Show  (Read 2580 times)

whewfan

The Cheap Show
« on: January 28, 2006, 06:02:31 AM »
I was wondering if there was anyone here that watched The Cheap Show on a regular basis. One episode circulates in the trading circuit.

Based on what I've seen, The Cheap Show has some good laughs, and it's a funny parody of a game show... but if EVERY show was like that, I can see why it was short lived. You can only milk the same jokes so much.

The celeb that doesn't show up, the incredibly ditzy co-host, contestants getting messy, the homely model and the useless prizes... and to top it off... OSCAR THE WONDER RAT.

I liked the one episode I saw, but I'm not so sure I would've enjoyed it as a TV series. Apparently Bob Newhart loved the show, and he was a regular on it.

ChuckNet

The Cheap Show
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 01:08:16 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jan 28 2006, 06:02 AM\']I liked the one episode I saw, but I'm not so sure I would've enjoyed it as a TV series. Apparently Bob Newhart loved the show, and he was a regular on it.
[snapback]108889[/snapback]
[/quote]

He made at least one apperance, but don't know if he was a regular...Truman Capote was also one of those "A-listers" who became a guest because he also loved the show.

But I digress...it was the same scenario that killed You Don't Know Jack after only a short run, w/predictable gags that were funny the first time, but soon became repetitive (such as the "$2M Question").

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")