Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lawyer: 'Survivor' Producers OK'd Taxes  (Read 2615 times)

catkins522

Lawyer: 'Survivor' Producers OK'd Taxes
« on: January 20, 2006, 05:39:16 PM »
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:39:15 PM »
Am I the only one who finds the reasoning behind this to be a little flawed?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 12:43:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Jan 21 2006, 12:39 PM\']Am I the only one who finds the reasoning behind this to be a little flawed?
[snapback]108214[/snapback]
[/quote]

And *supposedly*, Rudy and Dr. Sean have been quoted elsewhere as saying that they didn't know about any of this.

Of course, the release forms Hatch signed before he could get on "Survivor" all said that he was personally responsible for all taxes on winnings, like all release forms for all game and competition shows.  I can't imagine that Burnett or any of his staffers don't know that that's on the release.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 12:50:51 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Jan 21 2006, 02:39 PM\']Am I the only one who finds the reasoning behind this to be a little flawed?[/quote]
Not at all.  It's laughably flawed, reeks of desperation, and doesn't even cover all of the claims against Hatch.

"Oh, did I forget to mention?  Mr. Burnett said that if I won, he'd pay the taxes on the radio gig that I would end up getting too.  Swell guy, that Mr. Burnett."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:55:44 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.