Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price is Right on Combs Feud  (Read 4854 times)

kav

The Price is Right on Combs Feud
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:01:05 PM »
I saw on another board that GSN is airing Ray Combs's Family Feud with The Price is Right vs. The Young and the Restless. Which year are these episodes from?  

I believe there were four weeks with TPiR vs. Y&R, 2 in 1991, 1 in 1993, and 1 in 1994.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 07:37:44 AM »
[quote name=\'kav\' date=\'Jan 18 2006, 11:01 PM\']I saw on another board that GSN is airing Ray Combs's Family Feud with The Price is Right vs. The Young and the Restless. Which year are these episodes from? 

I believe there were four weeks with TPiR vs. Y&R, 2 in 1991, 1 in 1993, and 1 in 1994.
[snapback]107983[/snapback]
[/quote]

The 5:30PM EST Combs Feud is currently in 1991 in the syndicated run(early in the 1991-92 season I believe)

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:13:43 AM »
1991 - Bob, Janice, Holly (Kathleen subs for Holly 1 day), Rod, Dian

1993 - Bob, Janice, Holly, Kathy Greco, Kathleen

1994 - Bob, Janice, Holly, Rod, Kathleen
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 09:52:41 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 09:13 AM\']1991 - Bob, Janice, Holly (Kathleen subs for Holly 1 day), Rod, Dian
[snapback]108003[/snapback]
[/quote]

Based on what I remember from watching this in '03, that isn't right.  Bob was on every day, and one of the other five sat out on each show; I distinctly remember that Kathleen sat out on Monday and Rod sat out on Friday (although I want to say they still let him play Fast Money with Holly).

musicman

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 08:12:28 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 07:37 AM\']The 5:30PM EST Combs Feud is currently in 1991 in the syndicated run(early in the 1991-92 season I believe)
[snapback]108001[/snapback]
[/quote]
If these syn. specials aired the same week as CBS, it would have been in November of 1991.

FYI, pretty much everybody here knows that GSN runs celebrity FEUD specials out-of-order. Back in '03, a Halloween '91 CBS episode aired with Combs (in Robin Hood thights) mentioning "next week" was the start of a TPIR vs. Y&R special days after these episodes aired.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 09:57:35 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 08:12 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 07:37 AM\']The 5:30PM EST Combs Feud is currently in 1991 in the syndicated run(early in the 1991-92 season I believe)
[snapback]108001[/snapback]
[/quote]
If these syn. specials aired the same week as CBS, it would have been in November of 1991.

FYI, pretty much everybody here knows that GSN runs celebrity FEUD specials out-of-order. Back in '03, a Halloween '91 CBS episode aired with Combs (in Robin Hood thights) mentioning "next week" was the start of a TPIR vs. Y&R special days after these episodes aired.
[snapback]108081[/snapback]
[/quote]

That generally happens because GSN generally airs episodes in taping order, which isn't always the correct order.

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »
Take a look at this site (good luck with it being geocities)

There's a pic of Barker, Janice, Rod, Dian & Holly. Another of Barker, Janice, Rod, Dian & Kathleen. Those pics seem to be from the 1st 2 shows.

So there was more rotation than I thought. Looks like Dian did 4 shows. Kathleen & Holly did 3.

Based on GSN's airings:

Wed: Bob, Janice, Rod, Dian, Holly
Thu:  Bob, Janice, Rod, Dian, Kathleen
Fri:    Bob, Janice, Rod, Holly, Kathleen

And for the original poster, they did 1 week in 1991 (according to the site) Not 2.

Did Bob ever play Fast Money during the 3 weeks?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:51:55 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

musicman

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 05:49 PM\']And for the original poster, they did 1 week in 1991 (according to the site) Not 2.
[snapback]108182[/snapback]
[/quote]
There were two...one CBS and one Syndie.

I think that's what kav meant.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 05:49 PM\']Take a look at this site (good luck with it being geocities)

There's a pic of Barker, Janice, Rod, Dian & Holly. Another of Barker, Janice, Rod, Dian & Kathleen. Those pics seem to be from the 1st 2 shows.

So there was more rotation than I thought. Looks like Dian did 4 shows. Kathleen & Holly did 3.

Based on GSN's airings:

Wed: Bob, Janice, Rod, Dian, Holly
Thu:  Bob, Janice, Rod, Dian, Kathleen
Fri:    Bob, Janice, Rod, Holly, Kathleen
[snapback]108182[/snapback]
[/quote]

Uh-uh.  I distinctly remember each cast member other than Bob sitting out exactly one show.  I know for a fact that Kathleen sat out Monday, and I'd stake money that Rod sat out Friday.

cmjb13

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 10:27:07 PM »
I know for a fact that Kathleen sat out Monday
Which, if you believe the photos, is correct. (although based on the photo, we don't know which day that is)

and I'd stake money that Rod sat out Friday.
Which, if you belive the photos, is incorrect.

The shows on GSN which aired Wed-Fri (but may or may not have run those days in original airings) had Rod in, IIRC, a yellow jacket. The 2 photos on the site has Rod in a red jacket with Holly in one and Kathleen in the other. By deduction, those are the 2 remaining days with the appropriate cast members playing shown. (Unless we're mixing Syndie with CBS)

This arguing has given me a headache. Unless someone can chime in who saw the Monday and Tuesday shows of this week, I'm done here.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:30:22 PM by cmjb13 »

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 03:04:40 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 10:27 PM\']
and I'd stake money that Rod sat out Friday.
Which, if you belive the photos, is incorrect.[/quote]

That seems a rather odd assumption, seeing as there's nothing in those photos that could tell you anything about the Friday show whatsoever.

Lemme explain to you why I'm so sure about this.  (And I'll say up front, this is gonna prove beyond any doubt that I'm a nutcase.)  I remember assuming for whatever reason, based on where the cast members were standing, that an order for all six of them had been established -- Bob, Janice, Rod, Dian, Holly, Kathleen.  I want to say that I made this assumption on Wednesday, which would only make sense if Dian sat out that day...which is something I can't prove.  I also remember being surprised on the day that Janice sat out that instead of Rod standing right next to Bob, Dian was standing between them, thus proving my theory incorrect; obviously, I couldn't have such a memory if Janice had played every day.

And again, I'd swear I remember Rod "being allowed to play Fast Money anyway" on Friday, which only makes sense if he didn't take part in that day's front game.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 11:43:52 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 10:27 PM\']This arguing has given me a headache. Unless someone can chime in who saw the Monday and Tuesday shows of this week, I'm done here.
[snapback]108193[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, I asked a friend of mine who has all but the first show on tape to chime in, and he did.  I distinctly remember Kathleen not being on the Monday show, and Mr. City confirms that Holly, Janice, Rod, and Dian each sit out one of the other four episodes.